Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would someone be kind enough to inform meof the location of the fuse for the LCD display ? Also, does the same fuse control power to the radio and cassete player ? Thanks Richard

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey videotek :leprechaun: Welcome to the greatest Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:One of our "Gurus" will soon help you out. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey videotek, welcome to the forum. What yearare we talking about?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum videotek! :waving:

Since you are asking about an LCD I'm assuming you have an 83 Aspencade. I looked at my schematics andit looks like the third fuse from the left is the engine fuse. It's a 15amp fuse that controls all the basic needs like themain relay, air pump, instrument gauge lights, etc. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the actual LCD display or just the lights. If the only problem you have is the LCD and stereo it's not the problem. It might be a loose connection.

The stereo has three fuses located behind the left turn light assembly. Remove the assembly and CAREFULLY pull out the bundle of wires. There are three fuses somewhere in that mess that are for the radio and keep alive memory for the clock and radio pre-sets.

If you want them, I could e-mail the schematics to you tomorrow night. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them off in two e-mails due to the file size.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi Bob, It is a 1983 Aspencade. I purchased the bike new in 1983. I have a big 18000 miles on it. What ticks me off is that the bike was fine when I parked it. :X From my experince in electronics I do know a fuse can blow from age. I did check all the fues in the tank area and they are good. My next step is to pull each one and test with a meter. I have seen fuses in the past that show good in the fuse block but are blown and getting some power from another circut. I will pull the left turn signal and check the fuses there. I dread pulling that wireing out. I will keep you informed. Thanks so much for your help and advice. This is a wonderful forum with a bunch of great people. You, Bob are one of the greats. Thanks again for your time. Richard

E-MAIL may be sent to: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.