Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following a thread over on another forum regarding TPMS monitors... As most of you know, 2009 and later GL1800's come with a TPMS system... But as with many things Honda does, they kind of missed the mark on this one because you can't actually monitor tire pressure - you just have an idiot light - - that is until now!!! ;)

Fred Harmon apparently has been working with a manufacturer and there is a monitor now available that works with OEM Honda TPMS sensors that will give you an actual readout of your tire pressure(s) as well as temperature and time... Alerts can also be programmed in for low pressure values...

I have ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet, but there is a nice write up in the link below by Fred Harmon with photos... The referenced post is on the 3rd page of the thread about 1/2 down the page with the author's name of Fred H. It is my understanding that there were about 15 or so pre-production units left and as of this writing, I do not know how many are still available... My cost was $150 ...

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/show...ering-tire-pressure-sensors-2009-GL1800/page3

Les

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I've been following that myself. Great idea and I look forward to reading what you think of it yourself when yours arrives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.