Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just thought I'd let you know that Amazon.com is selling their Gates T-275 timing belts that fit the 1500s, for $14.77 a piece. When you order the 2 of them (you need 2), your order qualifies for free shipping.

Although I changed mine in early 2009, I've put a lot of miles on since then, so I ordered a pair of T-275s to install during next winter's (2012/2013)'down time'.

Dusty

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dusty. I won't be buying from Amazon again after getting badly burnt by their overseas shipping charges, then more shipping charges and fees on top of that. Their domestic shipping charges are probably very reasonable if you live in America.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Heffo wrote:
Thanks Dusty. I won't be buying from Amazon again after getting badly burnt by their overseas shipping charges, then more shipping charges and fees on top of that. Their domestic shipping charges are probably very reasonable if you live in America.
I can understand that, Dave. .... That's why I have a US shipping address. ;)

Maybe you could find someone in the US who would be willing to receive your 'package' and then ship it on over to you. Most likely be cheaper that way. :?

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

Heffo wrote:
Thanks Dusty. I won't be buying from Amazon again after getting badly burnt by their overseas shipping charges, then more shipping charges and fees on top of that....
You had to go and bring that up again Dave. Better hope wingnut junior doesn't see this again. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Thanks Dusty,
Timing belts are on my to do list along with fixing the broke starter gear. Might as well do everything at once when engine is out.

Any Idea where to buy radiator hoses for a 1500?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Price musta went up. They're showing at $16.74 for me. :(

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Fritz_The_Cat wrote:
Ya ... they did jump $2 each! :stumped: :?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Fritz_The_Cat wrote:
Probably because there was a run on them after you posted this. 109 views on this thread so far. :ROFL:

John

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

JWayne wrote:
Heffo wrote:
Thanks Dusty. I won't be buying from Amazon again after getting badly burnt by their overseas shipping charges, then more shipping charges and fees on top of that....
You had to go and bring that up again Dave. Better hope wingnut junior doesn't see this again. :ROFL:
[align=center]too late i seen it.. you just couldnt let it go Dave could you?? i had forgot how much of an eejit you were until you reminded me again. :ROFL:
[/align]

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Dusty Boots wrote:
Fritz_The_Cat wrote:
Probably because there was a run on them after you posted this. 109 views on this thread so far. :ROFL:

John

The very same thing happened last time cheap Amazon belts were posted here. The amount in stock dwindled down in days and then Amazon stuck a few extra dollars on the price. They should give us a commission for all the business we send over.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I also seen the price went up. . . BUT !!!
There's 3 belts left there for $12.99
(used) :behead:

:action:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I just refreshed that USED parts page. . .

just went up $2 to $14.99

Best get'm now before they go up again... shortly!

WHAT A RIP!

I need to charge my customers like this, I'd retire in no time.

:badgrin:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Or you can get them at Napa for $2.00 more each without the waiting for shipping!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I've seen used belts out there also.
Does anyone really buy used timing belts?

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
I've seen used belts out there also.
Does anyone really buy used timing belts?
**IF** those used belts were verifiability low miles I'd look at em.
Have to be a lot lowerthan 12% in price.
Considering the small price difference at Amazon, I'd buy new.

In these poor economic times I'm sure there are those trying to stay afloat any which way they can.

:action:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

unionjk wrote:
Or you can get them at Napa for $2.00 more each without the waiting for shipping!
:ShakeHead: You may get belts for the 1200 at NAPA for $2 more, but I paid over $28 a piece for the ones for my 1500 at NAPA, 3 years ago and I had to order the 2nd one in.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

FYI, Rock Auto has them for $14.77 as well, and I don't think it's a sale. They do charge shipping though. I checked my location and it's $5.65 Priority Mail. I also checked a zip codeNew York New York and it was 4.74 Priority mail, so probably less than $6 shipping anywhere in the contiguous US.

John

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
FYI, Rock Auto has them for $14.77 as well, and I don't think it's a sale. They do charge shipping though.
:ssshh:I was hoping to keep that a secrete John.

They're just a hop/skip/short-ride from me.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

FM wrote:
:ssshh:I was hoping to keep that a secrete John.

They're just a hop/skip/short-ride from me.
Oops, sorry about that! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.