Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,185 Posts
Sure do! And it don't matter what you're riding.

Michelin Commander II's.

You can't go wrong!

·
New Sidecar guy
67 Posts
For my '98 Sidecar rig I just got Bridgestone 709 for the front and Austone Taxi tire for the rear. FYI Bridgestone is offering a rebate which expires this week.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Dunlop Radial on front,Avon on rear,best combos I ever had on Wings.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
When I bought my GL1500 used it had Dunlop E2s on it. I've used E3s and my last replacement on the front is an E4. My last rear tire lasted 30,000 miles. I see no reason to change. True these tires whine when you lean the bike but so do millenials when they have an outdated iPhone. The whine never bothered me and I'm content to stay with the Dunlop elites.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I had put an Avon AV26 rear tire on the front of mine before the deer hit me. The rear was a dunlop E3. They were doing well. I was planning on a Taxi tire for the rear when the Donlop wore out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have Dunlop E4s on my GL1500 And I am pushing around 14k miles on the front and rear and they both look like and tread depth is exceptional. They handle very well on wet pavement too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi mate for what its worth dont know if you can get them over there but im using bridgestone exedra on mine i had metzlers on but only got 2500 miles from them and they feathered off giving me a big wobble when i changed my tyres i couldnt balance them so i removed tyres and checked balance of the rim it was way out heavy about a third of way from the valve arond 50grames so put white dot there marked rim for future ref and now i can even let go of bars no wobbles front tyre pressure 36 psi rear 42 psi

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I can confirm the wobble on my GL1500 with a Metzeler in front and a Dunlop rear. Didn't had this issues with Dunlop F and R.
Now I put Avon on it, and it's a great ride - with the some miles I did so far this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts