Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Snowing today, snowing! Red really needed a break from the ski hill, so we stayed home this weekend, first time home on the weekend in a long time.... and it snows! Both bikes sitting on my front porch suckling juice from their maintainers.... while it snows!

I'm gonna go find Al Gore and beat him up!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I think we're entering a little Ice Age...... Bernie, have you found me that double-wide yet, with the "poylester curtains and the redwook deck?" I really need a place I can both ski during the winters and yet ride my bike eleven months of the year!

Don't want much, do I?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Snowed here too last night. Raining now, (which is why I can post, because when it snows, the sattelite antenna gets snow covered.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
Snowed here too last night. Raining now, (which is why I can post, because when it snows, the sattelite antenna gets snow covered.
My dish is installed just above my back door. All I did a few weeks back with the snow and ice was reach up with a broom handle and give it a whack to knock the snow and ice off. Worked like a charm!!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Ah, what do I see, oh, it's the sun, guess I'll go riding now. :D

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

Question for you folks using the satellite dishes for internet access.

1: are you generally satisfied with the service?
2: Hughes Net or another service?
3: would you do it again? or is there no other choice?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Snowing today, snowing . . . . .bikes sitting on my front porch suckling juice from their maintainers.... while it snows . . . we're entering a little Ice Age . . . .
Man up, Jack !! Remember Chuck123, or whatever his name was ??

He used to wait for an oil spill during a torrential down pour, and ride 35,000 miles back and forth through it. . . . . . . in a weekend. Ice is nothing but a state of mind.:action:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I have Wildblue, and am generally satisfied. Except when the snow comes, at which time I have to go out in my bathrobe and climb a ladder to brush the snow off the antenna on the roof.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Wingnumberone wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
Snowing today, snowing . . . . .bikes sitting on my front porch suckling juice from their maintainers.... while it snows . . . we're entering a little Ice Age . . . .

He used to wait for an oil spill during a torrential down pour, and ride 35,000 miles back and forth through it. . . . . . . in a weekend. Ice is nothing but a state of mind.:action:
Lawd Gawd, it's now 3:45pm Pacific Daylight Time.... and the snow's gone, the sun'sout, and the roads's dry! Could take the KLR out for a quick Bimble; think I will; all ain't lost, ain't lost by a long shot!

Yeah, poor ol' Chuck....... had some unmet needs, did he not? Wonder where he is now? Riding 700 mile days, probably.......

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

There! Got in a 40 minute mental health ride! And it was pretty good! Storms all around my valley, just this big puddle of sunshine slowly sliding through.... and I went out and got right in it on my blunderbuss KLR......! Life is pretty good here in the Kittitas Valley, where deputy sheriffsstill give you a "thumbs up" when you ride by them.............

C'mon, summer....c'mon!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Today was the first it got above 50 F. I worked on the stone wall I'm building and then decided it was enough. Got on the wing around 1:45 pm and did a much needed 200 miler with lots of twisties. It was a road I always wanted to take to the end but never did. When I pulled out of my driveway I didn't know where I was going, but I was going and thats all that mattered.

As I was entering into town to get gased up a little voice spoke and said, Yo,,,,, member the road that ends?? ,,,,,,,,,, With a big grin and tank full I shot the hell outa town like a 270 XTP. It is a road that follows winding creeks with hardly any traffic. And any traffic I came up on was soon seeing the back end of my wing.

I'll be returning to that road again,,,,,,,, and take another new one(to me) back home.

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,, it was a great day.:action::action::banana:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Woke up to that white stuff here in PO this morning too. :( Went for a ride last Sunday with NaturalyGW, and we got snowed on, and hailed on, and rode in about 3 inches of standing hail in one area by Grapeview, then some packed hail/ice a little later, and then a couple of inches of snow close to home. The Wing did pretty darn good in that stuff, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. :dude:

John

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

wow, John, I was about to ask you why you didn't give me a call while you were down here by the Grapevine and I noticed you wrote Grapeview. :dude:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
wow, John, I was about to ask you why you didn't give me a call while you were down here by the Grapevine and I noticed you wrote Grapeview. :dude:
:dude: I wasn't quite that far South. ;) Gonna be on the opposite corner of the US in a couple of weeks though. My company is acquiring another small company and their office is in Melbourne FL, so I'll be flying in there on the 30th to get them hooked up to our systems. Wish I had my Wing there, but won't have a lot of time to ride anyway. :( I tried to get my company to pay me to stay and dive the Keys for a couple of days too, but they declined. :cheeky1:

John

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

Wingnumberone wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:

Chuck211

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Question for you folks using the satellite dishes for internet access.

1: are you generally satisfied with the service?
2: Hughes Net or another service?
3: would you do it again? or is there no other choice?
While I don't have satellite internet, my step-daughter does. She will come by today and I will ask her how she likes it and cost etc..

She had cable internet, like me, when she lived in town and moved just over a year ago to where she is now. There is no cable access at her location and her only choices were dial-up or satellite.

I'll find out how she likes it and let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

CJ, Sorry for the late reply. I taught a Basic Riding Course this weekend. It rained all day Saturday and half the day Sunday. But we managed to live thru it all. I taught last weekend, this past weekend and am scheduled to teach this coming weekend. Lois reminded me that I will have worked 26 days without a day off. It will be nice to ride my own bike one weekend! I can locate a double wide for you and Red in a heartbeat! Come ride with us! I need a good long ride soon. A lot of my friends went to Daytona for bike week. Some even rode to the Keys. More are talking about riding the coast from Texas to Vermont and doing the Lake Michigan shore line ride. I just want to hit the Blueridge Parkway and enjoy the mountains and some peace and quiet!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You keep that bad weather to yourselves guys.... for the first time this year we have had two days of beutiful blue skies and todays temperature is 16 outside, so I am going to have to ride to the accountants on the Wing. Got a short ride in yesterday with Helen the Viking and there were thousands of bikes out and about.

:clapper::clapper:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
Wingnumberone wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:

Chuck211
Actually it was 211Chuck. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Actually it was 211Chuck. ;)
Probably 511 Chuck by now, what with the mileage he clocked up!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.