Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,
I just purchased a 765t online and next spring I will be planning trips for our group. Any suggestions on what software is easiest to use ?
I would like to be able to create rides on m

y home pc and be able to email it to other riders prior to the ride.

Also looking for any tips on this device. I have a 1500 and I would like load music to play through headset and speakers. I think someone makes an adapter that goes between lower cord and bike where you can plug in an audio line from the gps?
Thanks,
Larry

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
imported post

I hate to admit this but the Harley Davidson map router is the best that I have found. Point and click or drag to put your way points where you want. Honda's is the least user friendly.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
I hate to admit this but the Harley Davidson map router is the best that I have found. Point and click or drag to put your way points where you want. Honda's is the least user friendly.
I have to agree with Tom that the Harley Davidson Ride Planner is super easy to use and download custom routes to your 765T

The 765T also has a MP3 player (along with a SD slot)and a FM transmitter, so you should be able to use that to send your tunes to your headset, although I've never used this function, as I have my own 8G MP3 player that I use.

The Edsets Universal adapter didn't work with my setup :?

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Yep............Dusty Boots showed me the HD planner and I have been using it ever since. :needahug:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I have been using Garmin Mapsource for several years it is available free.

I also use my nuvi as an mp3 player (not the best as it does have limitations) using an audiovox fm modulator.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Everyone will have their favorite software for trip routing. I use Microsoft Streets and Trips because I can run it as my gps also (with the added gps antenna). I also have the 765T Garmin. Something you should know is that you can only have 10 custom routes loaded at one time. You can have a lot more Custom POI's (with imbedded multiple POI'sbased onyour trip planning) if you know how to build the right directory structure on the SD card.

Something no one may remember to tell you though is to buy the fastest SD cards you can afford for your music. I paid for Class 10 8GB cards and I cannot tell you what a difference it makes in the performance of the computer driven GPS and the Garmin 765T. I can access the MP-3 files on the SD card using the garmin without hesitation on start-up. Try that with a Class2 card - it's not going to happen.

For those not versed in SD Card terminologythe "class" of the SD card refers to read/writeaccess speed or Data Transfer Rate(class2 =2 MB/sec& class 10 = 10 MB/sec).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.