Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does any one have for sale a copy of garmins mapsource that covers Canada?

some americans seem to think the world stops at the 49th Parellel (sic) just a joke for all you americans

Thanks neil

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Does any one have for sale a copy of garmins mapsource that covers Canada?

some americans seem to think the world stops at the 49th Parellel (sic) just a joke for all you americans

Only Canada? Appears you're the one that thinks the world stops at the 49th.heh, heh. MyMapsource wouldn't do you any good. It covers all of N. America

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Only the versions marked north america cover Canada How well I don't know The standard mapsource for USA stops at the border even with updates ( Canadian basemap only with cities) This is the one I have. I can find a street in Orlando florida but not Vancouver????

33zip I think yours would work Have a quick look in your computer at a Canadian city Should I name one? HA HA and let me know Thanks

While I'm on subject can you increase memory on these?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Why on earth would you buy a GPS that doesn't cover your country?

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It will as soon as I can snag a copy of the software

the unit itself works worldwide you just require the maps for your particular area and I am just trying to be cheap I know I can buy it from Garmin at their inflated prices but a used copy would be just fine

Neil

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Will a copy work? I know the GPS units have an internal ID code. Is it possible that when the unit connects to the satellites that Garmin will know you didn't activate the new map for your unit?

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Works fine there is no unlock code for most mapsource maps thats why you can buy borrow or acquire(HINT) a copy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Thanks neil
That's silly, I know there's something between Washington and Alaska I've driven and flown the route too many times.

Just can't remember what it was. Joking!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

You do have to activate the sat nav to work with the maps. you can activate the maps on two sat navs only and no more. I brought my North America maps on the USA Ebay site bit cheaper than Garmin thats for sure.

Rgds

Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.