Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Ihave a problem with my street pilot 3

which is that if the place i want is on an ind/est it can't find it.But whenI get there it shows the road I'm on and theplace.

but whenI search for it it can't find it?

Glenn/UK

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Try putting in the exact address when you are in the area ,,,for example if you leave london and you have an address in manchester to go to ,just put manchester in as city and then when you get nearer to manchester put in the address ,,I have noticed this a couple of times with my garmin,,,,and it seems to work ok..also check you have the correct and up to date maps loaded ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Glenn, this is not isolated to the SP3. The 2610, 2620 and Quest do it as well. It's down to the software. It never happened with version 5 maps and older formware, but is with the latest stuff. Garmin know about this, or they have to as there have been grumblings from several GPSforums.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

I've read that this is a buffer allocation thing and that another fw upgrade will address it.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Garmin are taking their time over this. No upgrade since August last year, and this problem has been known about since last Christmas at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.