Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone have or know where to get the software that comes with this thing? I got the drivers for it...but apparently you need a program called mapsource to set it up properly.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,206 Posts
imported post

I have the Street Pilot II or maybe it is called III.

The software is around here somewhere. Have you tried Garmin? I think you can still download it from there, look in their archives for old software.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

that's an update, it won't install without the original program.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,206 Posts
imported post

Broke, tomorrow after I wake up from my zzzzzzzz, I will go out to the store room and see if I can find that CDrom for you. If I do, I'll make and ISO for you.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

I am not sure if that will work. The maps for the Streetpilot III are the regular City Navigator and the maps for the Streetpilot i3 are the City Navigator NT version. You may have to contact Garmin to obtain the maps CD/DVD. You may end up having to buy the full version and it is $99.00. If you know the name of the previous owner and contact Garmin, they can switch the registration over to you and help with obtaining the maps.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well I registered the unit with Garmin so I don't think the PO ever did. I'm not paying that kind of money for software. Just not gonna happen.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Broke, tomorrow after I wake up from my zzzzzzzz, I will go out to the store room and see if I can find that CDrom for you. If I do, I'll make and ISO for you.
That would be awesome. Thank you.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,206 Posts
imported post

I'm not too sure that the software for the III will work for the i3. But even if it does, to install it you have to have the serial number on the sleeve of the CD.

I assume you don't have that either?

Garmin is a pisser on that stuff, you can't even install software that you own like for my Garmin 2730, because I lost the serial number. I am the original registered owner, and am hoping that I can call Garmin and get them to give me the number to reinstall the software. I used to have an old Dell laptop with win98 on it. Geez, that has been eons now.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

When you register the unit. The serial number will get you the cd key.

The box mine was in had a piece of paper with the cd key/unlock code. But when I registered it when I put the serial number in it popped up with the the registration code and the unlock code.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Ok after much hunting and what not I Finally have the darn thing installed. Now I don't know how to use it!!

Mapsource is NOT very user friendly I'll tell you that.

I can't get it to transfer routes to the GPS unit. But I can transfer waypoints. Maybe it can calculate it's own route from the waypoints.

Anyway, John if you registered your Garmin unit online you can go to the website and log into MyGarmin click on manage maps and near the bottom of the page it will list your unlock code. If you can't remember yer login it will send it to the email address you used to register. Same with the password.

If you did not register it, just do so. You will need to enter the Unit Serial Code during registration. This code is typically found under the battery cover. Once you put that number in it will give you the the registration code and the unlock code.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.