Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On July 1st I ordered the Garmin update for my 2008 Navi. It was just delivered. I'm going puton my riding gear, go out to the garage, install the new card and go for a spin.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Dear Bob,
If you are reading this, congratulations. Your install was a success, the new maps didn't leave you lost and you've returned safely from another late season ride. Welcome home.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It installed simply and worked just fine. I road for a couple hours, stopped for a cup of coffee and just enjoyed myself. Perfect riding weather today and not much traffic to get in the way.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

This isnt late season. I have been fortunate to be able to ride 11out of 12 months the last few years. Only thing that stops me is snow on the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

That's fortunate indeed. Temperatures don't stop me but road salt sure will. 4 hours north of you , up the Lake Michigan shoreline we're out of commission generally from Dec thru April.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Bob W.

Do me a favor. If I understand you right, you ordered a map update from Garmin that has the 2011 map on it. right? Also you should be version 4.50.

If all of this is correct, do this for me and get back with me with your results.

Go to route.
Do a new route.
Select Points of Interests.
Select food places.
Search for specific names.
Look for Taco Bell

When you get here at this point, take note of how many Taco bell's there is. It should read 5220 items found. select it and sit back and wait for about 30 seconds. If I understand it, it will freeze up and reboot, every time.

I just got one too, Sept 30, 2011. It installed fine but it still has issues, for me. I just want to see if it happens to you as well.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

I don't think it's the unit thats the problem. If I have a lot of Taco Bell in me I tend to freeze up and need to reboot too. Happens to the best of us...

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
This isnt late season. I have been fortunate to be able to ride 11out of 12 months the last few years. Only thing that stops me is snow on the roads.
Similar over here. Only snow and ice gets us off our bikes and into cars.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I will try the taco bell search. But living in Texas I would think you would have better places to eat.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

It's not about eating. It's about a fault with the search feature failure.

I also noticed the searches that do work are out of order. For instance, I searched for a Holiday Inn in Houston, Tx and my first hit was in Ottawa 1300 miles away. That is unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Happy someone has listed new map updates. I've been trying to get the word out that Garmin had released them.:waving:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I got mine installed pm yesterday, and it's been raining since. No chance to test.

I see where someone has already gone to 2012.10 maps on his 08. Bucfan, or something like that. I am really sad that we end up with Mar 2010 map release, which are called 2011 maps. Here, it's almost 2012.:( Seems to me, with all the problems Garmin had in getting this to work, they'd at least release them as 2012. I just don't want to spend the extra money to make them the very latest.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Don't need to go anywhere. Just search things out within the unit. You'll get something like this. Notice where I live. This place highlighted is in Canada.

Also, notice the order of importance. It's all mixed up. This is the error I am frustrated about. It's absolutely useless to do a search for any specific thing like a hotel or a restaurant and get something 1300 miles away.

Attachments

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I-yi----yi. If I get rid of my bad headache by tomorrow, I'll try that. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.