Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My trusty Zumo 550 failed me on my last leg home from NASSIR-4. I have really become attached to this superb piece of equipment whether it be mounted on the bike or my van, as Garmin has both cradles. (2005 unit)

I use the 550 for all my Tunes, BlueTooth cell phone and of course all navigation. (comes with XM radio capability too)

Yes, I do have the Honda Nav system on the 1800. No, I do not trust it in all situations. The 550 gives me free down loads for life. The Honda Nav allows me to purchase down loads for some mega bucks or something. Also the 550 allows me to manually change or punch in information. Honda Nav allows me to come to a complete stop first, before performing the above.:lash::lash::lash:

I do use the Nav to tell me what state I'm in, down to what the next 10 or so miles might bring, while the 550 might show me what the next 500 yds. might offer including a list of options of food and fuel stops for me to choose while riding and give me directions.

OK, enough bad mouthing, here is the real deal. I send the 550 back to Garmin and they send me a new 550 for $168 with all updated programming. Now that is service with reliability, thankyouverymuch.

Just wanted to share, now have a great day and better Labor Day weekend, I will.:action:

Ned

·
Registered
33 Posts
imported post

I have theZumo 660. It has never failed me and is easy to use and see. Any other thoughts on this unit?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

WINGING wrote:
I have the Zumo 660.  It has never failed me and is easy to use and see.  Any other thoughts on this unit?
Don't know much about it, although it appears to be the upgraded version of the 550. Both units are designed for motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Many thanks for including the attached sites for 550 screen repair.
This may be a +++ for myself and others. Here I thought my swapping of the old unit and $$$ was a good deal:ROFL::ROFL:
No complaints mind you.

Thanks again, Ned

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You did get a great deal, since Garmin supplied a brand new one for a very cheap price, considering what they can cost.

With the repair, it is still the old unit, so probably won't last as long as yours and I would assume that you have started a fresh with a new warranty? :thumbsup:

It does though offer two ways of going about getting what is a great tool mended if necessary. I would hate to be without my Zumo 500 now.
:waving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.