Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have recently fitteda Garmin Zumo 660GPS to my 1996 GL1500SE. The GPS has a headset and microphone jack socket which are currently safely tucked underneath my seat. Can anyone advise me how to connect these into the existing bike audio system so I can get the audio instructions and use the bluetooth facility?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Sierra Electronics here in the states does a mp3 mod to the 1500 radios that should work with the Zumo. You just have to make sure they know what size the output socket is on the Zumo as some use a 2.5 mm and others like my Magellan use the 3.5 mm socket. You can also check out Kennedy Electronics or the Edset kits.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

Run a wire with an audio jack at one end from your GPS to the headset connector block under the left fairing pocket. Connect to the mic+ and mic grounds. Make sure to solder a 10k ohm resistor between the wire and the block on the positive side of the wire.
Now you can hear your GPS in your helmet headset via your intercom system.
This also allows the radio to auto mute when the GPS starts talking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
imported post

Hi Busdriver,

Tried the mod as described, and it really works well.

The only problem I have is that the volume on my GPS (Garmin Quest 2) is fixed and is somewhat louder than the volume from the passenger mic.

This means that if I can hear my passenger ok, the GPS is too loud and if the GPS is ok, then I can't hear the passenger.

Do you have any idea of what value resistor would be needed to reduce the GPS volume?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.