Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ran across this link...

usually it is a PITA to wade thru their websites to find what we want....

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I updated my 2008 twice. Very little gain for the money I wont do it again. I will wait till they come with a Garmin you can vocally input commands as you do in your phone. Car and motorcycle fixed in place GPS is a PITA to use

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rarely update my Garmin 2797, the roads around here have not disappeared, the only "problem" I noted when I went up to Dayton, OH last month, was that construction caused some detours.

But, the 2797 has the "live Traffic" feature, and when I would get into St. Louis it started talking to me and changing my route.

Same thing happened a year ago March when I went through Birmingham, AL. I was on Mississippi 78 and wanted to turn east on I-20.... which happens to be under construction still yet.

The 2797 started telling me about 10 miles in advance that there are detours to my route, to just follow the turn-by-turn instructions.... got really tight in a couple of places.... I was pulling our Toy hauler and the 'new detour' took us on downtown narrow streets... I had to do some wild cross over the center line moves to keep the from climbing over the curbs. but, it only cost us about 10 minutes. not too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts