Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gas and temp gauges not working

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  speedracer 
#1 ·
imported post

hey yall thought id get one last question in before i leave for vac. my gas and temp. gauges quit working everything else works fine i checked the fuses and even replaced it thou it wasnt blown and they still dont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
imported post

What year are you riding? I forget. Anyway if it's an older wing such as an '83, you may have a bad 7v. reg. that is located behind the instruments. I haven't had one apart so I can't help you there. I do have a schematic if you would need to build one. I believe that it's cheap and fairly easy to do if you have some circuit building experience.

Regards,

Hobie

#3 ·
imported post

Check out the post "Guages pegged out" down a bit on this page. There is a couple of good things you could read about. Also, the schematic and testing procedures are listed there.

Have fun on your vacation!!

Hobie

#4 ·
imported post

My bet is it's the 7 volt regulator. If you have the GL1100 is located inside the instrument cluster below and behind the gauges. You can check it by opening the gauge cluster. Take a VOM and check the voltageat the two inside posts. They are connected by a metal strip. You should readmore than 7v but less than 8. If it's zero the reg is bad. They are selling them on ebay right now for $25. **** luck. Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.