Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the cause of gas coming form this opening inside the venturi? It runs great when I first start the bike up, after about 20 seconds of it running, gas slowly comes out of this hole. Not a whole lot, but enough to see it. There is no gas coming out of the two hoses at the bottom of the bike, and the other carb is working good. I did recently rebuild these, spent a few days going over everything piece by piece, cleaning every orifice with cleaning solution and brushes and made sure the floats were sent to spec.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fixture Rim Gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably a float valve leaking. Did you replace them? With aftermarket or OEM?
So I put new needle valves in when I rebuilt it. I also bench tested the needle valve before I reinstalled the carbs. My initial thought was that as well, but would the overflow hose on show gas out the bottom of the bike before the carb overflowed?

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
63,224 Posts
So I put new needle valves in when I rebuilt it. I also bench tested the needle valve before I reinstalled the carbs. My initial thought was that as well, but would the overflow hose on show gas out the bottom of the bike before the carb overflowed?
if those needle valves did not come from Honda, they are highly suspect

·
Administrator
29,482 Posts
It's overflowing no matter where it comes out. Too much gas in the bowls is the only way it does that and there are only 2 explanations for that, floats or needle valves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts