Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my 89 Gl1500 last night after winter layup and found gas coming from one of the over flow tubes at the bottom of the bike and ideas on where it is coming from?

·
Administrator
28,067 Posts
Stuck float/needle valve.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
...found gas coming from one of the over flow tubes at the bottom of the bike...
Which tube?... there's several:
-1/8" ID, from the carb drains, ending by the right foot peg.
-1/4" ID, from the fuel tray by the petcock, ending by the rt side of the charcoal canister.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 'new to me', 89' Gl 1500 groans after being parked. I unscrewed the gas cap, and heard a "Poof" sound. After that, it no longer groaned, till after the next ride. (I have a 265 lb. Hannigan sidecar attched.) I'm only getting about 22 mpg. Any suggestions on what might be the problem ? When I bought the bike it only had 26k mi, so I had all of the fluids changed, new belt, 4 degree trigger wheel installed, I asked for tune-up, and carb adjustment, but was told the bike didn't need it. Otherwise it runs like a sewing machine. Thanks in advance.
:sadguy:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum bobilldo.

Your fuel tank is slightly pressurized thus the Poof of vapours when you remove the fuel cap after a ride and the groan as the excess pressure is released as the heat from the engine continues to pressurize the tank.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which tube?... there's several:
-1/8" ID, from the carb drains, ending by the right foot peg.
-1/4" ID, from the fuel tray by the petcock, ending by the rt side of the charcoal canister.

Out of the 1/8'\" ID tubes by foot peggot home to late tonight to look going to pull plastic off and follow tube tomorrow after work. I have to get it done before Saturday going to be in the 50's here time to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.