Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This will be the third time changing the oil. I noticed a slight gas smell in the oil.The bike is running better with an occasional flair up such as a sudden engine miss or rough idol but smothes out after a good run. In the beginning this problem was worse before having the carbs rebuilt.I did use some sea foam in the oil. Also the oil don't appear to be rising or thinning.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

As long as there is any evidence of a mix I would monitor it very closely. Like check the level on every ride. Depending on the strength of the smell I would severely reduce the oil change interval until the situation was rectified. Also become religious about shutting off your petcock every time you turn off the bike.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

You should try & track the reason why its happening. Any is too much. It thins the oil.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

you're carbs most likely need serviced. the floats are sticking or no adjusted properly. everyone is right. if you smell gas in the oil its too much

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:Gas belongs in the fuel tank and oil in the engine and any amount of gas in the oil will eventually cause big problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.