Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

What a way to destroy a long weekend:baffled:

We went out to the garage to go for a ride tonight and there was a puddle of gas under the wing:shock:

I looked everywhere and cant find the sorce... I tried to start the bike (with kill switch in off) to see where it was coming from and couldn't find the source but it was just pouring off the left exhaust pipe... I did notice both carbs on the left sidehad some moister on the bottom but I watched as DA boss tried starting and still couldn't see any gas, yet it was pour off the exhaust:shock::baffled: I am completely dumbfounded...We rode for about 3 hours today and not a hint of any problems:baffled:

I am hoping some of you wing experts can give me some tips so I don't have to take her into the shop

Oh yea its an 82 1100A

Thanx in advance
Digger

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Hey Digger, since it is coming from the left side, you don't reckon it is leaking from the fuel valve, or where the hose connects from it to the fuel filter. Could be a bad fuel line hose. Also I would check for the lines going to the carbs on the left side. I would bet that it is a fuel line leak from one of the rubber hoses.:)\

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

DigbyOdell... how 'bout a little more info?? Was the gas puddle there before you put the choke on? After you put the choke on? While cranking the engine?

Did you just recently do some carb work on the bike? Look at the fuel lines from the tank to the filter to the pump to the fuel rail that supplies the 4 carbs.. I think there may be a loose clamp or split fuel hose.

Above all,,, don't panic... Renegade :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanx for the suggestions guys:waving: I will look closer in the morning for the lines to the carbs ect... I just a lil P.O.ed since we couldn't ride is all:cooldevil:

No I haven't done any carb work to her yet.

No there was no puddle there ever before.. I park her in almost the exact same place every time next to da bosses ride:cool:

I checked the fuel valve and that was dry as a bone... I should try to shut it off and see if it still leaks to elimenate from there down ect:)

I will give her a good once over in the morning and post my findings

Thanks again:waving:

Digger

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

UPDATE...

I was looking and found out the gas lines where really brittle...A buddy came over to help "inspect" it and we decided to replace all the gas lines... found the leak:clapper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.