Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Aftercranking bike, gas leaks down on right side and runs onto exhaust, and of course smokes when hits exhaust. With right side cover off, where you check oil,can see it run down the plastice tubes, but can't see where from due to fairing around gas tank. Afraid to drive to shop because might cause fire. Is this a carb problem? Does this with or without choke on. Can only leave it cranked a few seconds before it starts smoking. Thanks for any help.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi gmac you eather have a pipe loose or craked or one of the carb floats is stuck if you can tap the float bowl it might do the trick and yes the bike could go on fire very easly

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply. Guess I would have to take fairing off on gas tank to get to carb t tap float, wouldn't I. Thanks again

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

no if you just remove the front lowerfaring thats were the fan exits you can get in at it you will see them through a maze of pipes and cables it will also help to see the prob the over flow pipes from the carbs go down there just give it a couple of small taps with the likes of a socket set extension , when the bike is left on the side stand for a long time they are prone to sticking so when you do it make sure the bike is on the center stand

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks a lot. I will try it. It has been on the center stand for a while.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Agnogel, looked at bike and not sure which fairing you are talking about. Is it the fairing front cover under radiator shroud? Also is the fairing you mentioned on the front of bike? Thanks for your help. GM

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

lower right side you have to remove the battery cover then the carb cover over the oil dip stick pop out the cover under the rad then there is 3 screws under the black strip that runs with the amber side light and the one thatis underthe clipthat is near the back brake lever this is the best picture i can get of the fairing

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for the info. Will be tomorrow before I can try that. Getting late here and can't see good tonight. Will let you know tomorrow. Thanks again GM

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Take a good look at the vacuum petcock that's located right ahead of the filler cap, there are three hoses going to it. If the petcock diaphragm develops a leak gas can come out of that too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.