Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my Valk, I get about 33mpg and that is considered good. Is 30mpg sound good on my wing?

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

If I can average the speed to 65mph the 1ks will get 46 easy and the 1.2k will get 44. Normally I average 40s some times a 38

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

people hear say u should get around 40mpg or better. i had 98 model and 30mpg top.

the 1100's real close to 50mpg

the 1200's 40+ mpg

the 1500's 30mpg

that's my experience with goldwings. was told the 1500's came with bad springs in carbs. and he claimed he changed and got 49mpg. don't know how true but he had no reason to lie

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

you sure that was bad springs in carbs and not bad ball bearings?

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
imported post

On the highway if I travel at a reasonable speed, I get about 42 mpg. Then again, how often do I do that? If I keep it at about 70 mph, I can count on about 38 mpg.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

With hills, headwinds, loads, 2up, solo, light, tailwinds,clean filters, etc., I average somewhere around 40 mpg on my 1500SE.

Solo with a tailwind = 56 mpg on a long ride.

2up, headwind, up a grade,with loaded extra trunk + speed= 32 mpg.

All 87 octane with no ethanol.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I guess the first thing i will tackle is another can of seafoam and then an airfilter change. I got great milage on a 200 mile trip yesterday but did not keep the exact number. I am riding to pheonix on friday so will keep track of my exact milage.

Thanks everyone. This is a great forum. I am on a great Honda forum aswell as a great Valk forum. Got to love the internet, which ihelped Al Gore invent:D

·
Ignoramus Primus
303 Posts
imported post

I get a consistant 38mpg on my '95 SE. Tank after tank after tank.

The funny thing about checking your mileage is you MUST do several consecutive fillups to get a true picture. One fillup that gives you an exceptionally high or low figure means nothing.Document at least 3 consecutive fillups (5 is better) and then average them together. THAT is your true mileage.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

It all depends what road you may be riding at the time. Twisties on my GL1800 I get anywhere from 42 to 48 (I have gotten 50 MPG on easy backroads) - Interstate highways pulling my trailer 65 MPH avg speed from 38 to 42 depending on the wind speed - head wind or tail wind.

I personally do not care what mileage I am getting aslong as there is GAS available when I need it! :)

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Several of us who regularly ride together have just switched to Shell, after we learned that Co-op is still using MMT in their gas.

We are all seeing an improvement in mileage.

I am getting 42 mp USg with mixed town and highway, (51 + mp Impg). On long trips with the wife I usually do better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.