1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

can anyone advise why I have gas in the oil pan of my 1100 interstate

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

Do some searching on the site but you may have a bad float valve and/or petcock. Sometimes a few taps on the float bowls will knock a piece of grit loose in there.

Always turn the petcock off when the engine is off. If it has a slight leak, it may make it to the crankcase.

Do not start it until draining and refilling the oil. Also, remove the plugs and with kill switch on, crank it over to clear the gas from the cylinders. Cover spark holes with a rag. It will shoot fast and high. You can see the stains on my garage ceiling. :)

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

You might have a stuck float in your carb that is flooding the cylinders and getting fuel in the oil.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the site!!!

It is almost always (maybe always?) caused by leaking float valves and either not closing the fuel petcock or a petcock that cannot be shut off... Usually the float valves issue can be put off for a while by ALWAYS closing the fuel shutoff petcock when not running... most likely you'll eventually have to clean the carburetors and maybe need new float valves (always use OEM for this part)

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

doodle0407 wrote:
sounds to me your fuel pump is at fault pumps gas in oil if difram is defective just my two cents worth
Could be, but usually a leaking fuel pump will be leaking fuel out of the weep hole below the diaphram rather than back into the engine.. of course the weep hole could be clogged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.