Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm just about over the shock of the price of Goldwings in Europe (double the price of USA models). What about the price of gas over there?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

€4.22 a gallon (93 cents a litre). That's about $5.20. It's even more expensive in the UK (we did cover this on the old forum) but I'm not 100% sure of the figures.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

:XOne petrol station in Dublin ( shell in Clontarf ) is charging 1.07 euro ie. $1.32

per litre !!!

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

:cool:

Best go to Clearwater in Finglas, or the new one at Clarehall? on the Malahide Road, just up a ways from Cadburys. I heard that it is only 91c/litre in those two.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Here in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada I am paying $0.94 (C) per litre for regular. The high octane I put in my motorcycle costs $1.10 (C) per litre.

$0.94 (C) = 0.71401 US Dollar = 0.38616 British Pound =0.57636 Euro

$1.10 (C) = 0.83555 US Dollar = 0.45189 British Pound = 1.24709 Euro

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

tjbrh wrote:
Here in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada I am paying $0.94 (C) per litre for regular. The high octane I put in my motorcycle costs $1.10 (C) per litre.

$0.94 (C) = 0.71401 US Dollar = 0.38616 British Pound =0.57636 Euro

$1.10 (C) = 0.83555 US Dollar = 0.45189 British Pound = 1.24709 Euro

Todays rate is $1.00 = 1.2372euro.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

According to the online conversion centre: http://www.oanda.com/convert/

0.94 Canadian Dollar = 0.71331 US Dollar =0.57479 Eurowhich is the price of a litre of gas here.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the online conversion centre I use, but I hope it's right.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Hello Ben !
Don't be shocked over double price for a Goldwing ! Here in Denmark we pay tripple the price ! The Danish State add 180% to the manufacturers price. I just bought a used GL1500 1995 model in Germany for around 14.000$ when getting the licens Plate I have to pay the State 22.000$ !

Totally 36.000$ for a used Goldwing that is 9 years old,- add to that petrol cost 1$ and 60 centover here each liter (not pr gallon) ! Thats life in Denmark 2004 God save the Queen :(

Best regards from

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Jan

To buy a goldwing at any price is worth it ,just get out and travel as much as you can and enjoy your bike,,,we might see you here in Ireland sometime ,if you are coming ,check out the events board on this site and that way you will know where we will be ,,Safe driving.....Ciaran Meyler

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Jan,
How much is a NEW GL1800 over there? Someone here reckoned about €42,000. Is this right, or is it even more expensive?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hi Jan

To buy a goldwing at any price is worth it ,just get out and travel as much as you can and enjoy your bike,,,we might see you here in Ireland sometime ,if you are coming ,check out the events board on this site and that way you will know where we will be ,,Safe driving.....Ciaran Meyler
Wexman,:) You will soon have guys from all over Europe taking part on these Sunday runs. It's great to see someone like yourself getting these guys out on their wings.:D As of nowI have been unable to take part myself,;) but im getting there. The Goldwing Club in Ireland provides nothing for it's members, only a Treffen. :X Keep up the good work. :cool: ;).

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Ciaran Meyler !

Thanks for your wise words I know you have right ! Laila and I have talked about a trip in UK could be interesting,-may be Ireland could be an option at the same time !

See you...:)
Jan
Denmark

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Hello Steve !
Some members of the Danish (only a few because of the huge price) Goldwing Club have changed there 1500 to 1800 and they have paid 450.000 kr for a brand new. That is the same as 450.000/7,42 = 60.647 Euro :shock:

Its a lot of money and it will take a long time before you will see several GL 1800 on Danish Licens Plate around in Europe on treffen. Actually you can buy a little house for that amount of money.

So most of usonly have to look and think about new GW-models,- not to own them !

Best regards

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]€60,647 for a new GL1800!

[/align]
[align=center]OUCH!![/align]

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

€60k for a new Wing? I guess only rich people buy new Wings in Denmark! You must be very dedicated Jan!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jan, Thats a huge amount of money for the 1800.:? What is the average weeks pay in euro in Denmark.? :)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Hello Redwing !
If you mean how much average people get payed or make a month ! Its normal in Denmark to make around 2.000-3000 Euro pr. month. If you are higher educated,-Engineer or semilar education you make 3.000-6.000 pr. month.

But if that seams a lot of money! You have to think about the high taxes we pay in Denmark ! We pay 50% tax up to 30.000 Euro and above 65% of it all.Young higher educated people leave Denmark theese years because of the high taxes.

Thats the culture in Denmark :p

Best regards
Jan Jensen
Denmark

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jan, The average wages would be lessin Ireland.:X Our tax system would not be as harsh as yours.:) We pay 20% on a portion of our salary and 42% on the remainder.:X Then we have a system called a tax credit,;) this amount is subtracted from your total tax, and that leaves your net salary.:D The average punter would be earning about 500euro net per week. But of course a lot of these guys riding 1800 goldwings :cool: earn a lot more money than that. :D

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

In Canada, Manitoba to be precise, a new barebones, no options, Goldwing

$26,000.00

7% Provincial tax $1,820 + 7% Federal tax (GST)$1,820

Bike Total $29,640.00 - base model no options

Insurance is $2,275.00 for comprehensive (Fire & Theft)($1,768.00 for basic)

One good ol boy I met in the U.S. pays $300.00 for comprehensive on a 2004 Road Kingwhich includes hismatching trailer.

$31,915.00 before your first tank of gas at $.90 ltr for 92 octane

It doesn't take long to add on $5-10,000 in options (CD player, chrome, spoiler etc)

$31,915.00 Canadian

$25,498.71 American

$20,550.56 Euros

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Isle of Man

The little rock in the Irish Sea between Ireland and England, complete with its own government and host to the TT.and a bit more.

Our petrol prices are around £0.87 per Lt x 4.55 =£3.96 per imp gal, which differs from a us gal.

We pay uk prices for bikes a 1800 abs = £15,300 uk spec, £14,500 us spec on the road prices, from a Honda uk dealer. I was quoted an extra £850 for a fitted cd pack.

Fully comp insurance about the £330 mark.

The challange for you budding accountants is to convert the costs to your currancy, let me know how it works out.

mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.