Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thought this would be an interesting topic.

What are Gas prices in your neck of the woods. Just post $$per gallon or price per litre. periodically I will convert these prices to $$ per litre for comparison sakes to see where gas is the best/worst price.

Also if you know it would be interesting if you know how much your Government takes as its slice.

Here in NZ its $131.9 per litre for 91 octane and $135.9 per litre for 96.

the government takes 55c perlitre + 12.5% of the total price.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

$2.099 @ Gallon Regular 87 Octane

$2.319 @ Gallon Premium 93 Octane

Tax rates:

Fed tax $0.184 @ Gallon

MN State Tax $0.20 +- $0.02 (UST Clean up fund) @ Gallon

Minnesota, these prices are subject to wild fluctuations. Price may change by as much as $0.30 a gallon at any time.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Well, that's just typical!! I have no sooner dragged my holiday flip flops off my webbed feet, opened bills for the council tax(£1600) the electric and gas(£100) The taxman wants £600 the credit card is maxed up from the holiday, we have had half a week of sunshine and there is a hosepipe ban!! and then to cap it off a Kiwi, living in one of the loveliest countries in the world, has to remind me how much I pay for petrol!!!! Well if you must know we are paying about 89p a litre in the south of England, I'm afraid I don't know the convertion to $ and all I know is, the government take a whole heap of tax. No doubt some other poor overworked, underpaid Brit will know the true facts and let you know.

Now, I must get back to work, or I won't be able to afford the tin of beans for supper tonight.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

87 octane at Shell $2.13 a US gallon. Too darn much.:doh:

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

North of Chicago Illinois is $2.25 right now for $10.00 I ride my GW back and forth to work for 2 weeks round trip 18 miles

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Doesn't make any difference what gas costs, gotta keep the Wing tank filled!:thumpingmad:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I dont know what you guys across the water are complaining about ,,,here in IRELAND ,it costs the equivalent of US$5.49 a gallon..If we had petrol at your prices we would be over the moon ...Cheers Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
I dont know what you guys across the water are complaining about ,,,here in IRELAND ,it costs the equivalent of US$5.49 a gallon..If we had petrol at your prices we would be over the moon ...Cheers Ciaran
I sympathize with you guys. Although our prices are lower than yours it takes constant pushing against the government to keep the taxes low. Right now we have a initiative petition (in Washington the citizens can pass or repeal laws via elections if they can get sufficient signatures on a petition) to repeal a recently passed law adding another $0.095 on gasoline. They keep trying to increase the tax, but we aren't seeing commensurate road work happening.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

This will probably ruffle some feathers... Here in Southern Oregon this Sunday I paid $2.50 a gallon for 89 octane. Very inexpensive for an industrialized nation.

Realistically it should cost over $5 a gallon. Mostly to discourage overconsumption and to use thatmoneyto invest in public transportation. Anyway, America only holds 5 percent of the world's population, but we consume 25 percent of the world's fossil fuels, and discharge 25 percent of the worlds greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Huge problem.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Filled her up yesterday. Regular unleaded == $2.189 per gallon. Federal tax is 18/19 cents per gallon(not sure), and Penn. state tax is right around 30 cents a gallon. Most of the self-serv econo fill-ups around here don't bother to post the tax rate, so I'm sort of going from memory... :baffled: :gunhead:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Yeah what wexman says is correct, :crying:but the only reason that petrol is very expensive in Ireland is that their is almost 50% gov. tax on it.. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
wexman wrote:
I sympathize with you guys. Although our prices are lower than yours it takes constant pushing against the government to keep the taxes low. Right now we have a initiative petition (in Washington the citizens can pass or repeal laws via elections if they can get sufficient signatures on a petition) to repeal a recently passed law adding another $0.095 on gasoline. They keep trying to increase the tax, but we aren't seeing commensurate road work happening.
Hey Paul. My wife and I both signed the petition. Hope it gets on the ballot.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Yeah what wexman says is correct, :crying:but the only reason that petrol is very expensive in Ireland is that their is almost 50% gov. tax on it.. :whip:
So what do they do with it?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

$229 a Gal reg 87oct So. Nevada

PS the percentages on fossil fuels used and Green house gasses ,etc varies a great deal depending on whos stats you're using?!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
So what do they do with it?
I'm sure thay do with it the same as they do here. Pay for politicians junket trips, social welfare, compensation to prisoners who hurt themselfs whilst trying to escape, aid to 3rd world countries who let it rot in port, paying consultants to advise us on how to obey the UN, lifetime superannuation payments and free travel for ex politicians and their wifes, Kyoto carbon taxes etc, etc and unfortunately etc.

But if you are really blessed to have an honest government like us they will only impose 4 different petrol taxes before they impose another one for roading.

Oh I forgot to mention in NZ we have an additional little tax called GST. (Government Swindol Tax, Goat **** Tax or Goods and Services Tax take your pick) that applies another 12.5% accross the lot including the tax. Tax on Tax. Nice if you can get it.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

That's why in "Wales" 90% of the people are burning "Veggie oil" in their Diesel cars !

Now the "Wales" government is trying to figure out how to tax the Vegetable oil,true!

they're not selling any diesel fuel, hah!

If I had a Diesel bike i'd run it too !:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
imported post

We here on the East coast pay some of the highest prices in the country. Right now it avgs $2.31 gal for 87 octane.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wingdawg101, why did you have to go and mention deisel, I was all ready to shut up and go do some work and now you've got me up on my soapbox again!!

In England, we are paying about 2p a litre more for deisel than the petrol. I run a van and it's deisel, we were encoraged to get them, because the deisel was cheeper, as soon as everyone got deisels, what happens, up go the prices.

The latest one is LPG, that is dirt cheep over here, but I bet once it really takes off the price will get hiked up by the government.

Most of Europe pay a lot less than us for fuels, so what happened to us supposed to be on an equal footing?!!

At least with the bike I can park for free still in car parks and don't pay so much for road tax etc. Everyone should move to bikes, but on the other hand the government would only make us pay more then.

I sympathize with the Irish guys, they really do get stung, from what I've heard, maybe that's what keeps Redwing on the Honda 50 with about a million miles to the gallon!!

That's it, I'm of my box and off to earn a crust! Sorry if I've sent you all off to sleep again.

Pete

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

Down under (and that varies a lot!) we are paying;
$1.29/liter for high octane
$1.03/liter for standard unleaded
$1.40/liter for diesel
$0.36/liter for LPG

Take a guess what both my cars run on?!

The Wing gets about 46mpg so she is not too bad on standard unleaded.

Ben.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.