Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
25,025 Posts
$63 is the savings off the list price, Jeff, for an OEM unit. A used one would save $160. But there is a chance a used one may be bad as well or go bad soon, it's risky. Besides, it was work enough taking a relatively clean one off my car in my carpeted garage. To do the job out in a junkyard...

I'll bite the bullet. It is OEM Dave. See the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Hyundai-31420-22900-Canister-Assembly/dp/B00BJNT670?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_image_2&smid=A31TOGHIRCQDVX
:thumbsup: I'm not 100% for OEM in all cases but for some things there is nothing else that will work, emission components is one of them.

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, the new canister came in this morning, and thanks to a doctor cancelling my appointment at the last minute, I had some time.
So, it's back together. I'll run it to the gas station after a shower and some lunch. Here's crossing my fingers. X

Oh, and the diagnostic module, I think is actually in that holder, just left of the canister. I didn't realize there were two pieces in there until I took it apart.

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, I filled it up with no problem.

When researching this, one person stated that her problem went away on hot days, and came back when cold out, so...

...My yippee is not without reservations.
I won't know for sure 'til November. :?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.