Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I worked on this bike all day yeaterday trying to get the tank out. I have the whole rear half apart. It looks like the swing arm needs to drop to have enough room to drop the tank and out. To do thisdoes the cat. need to come off and to do that, one exhaust pipe :?I think. Anyhelp will be more than I have andgreatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Life has many choices

Eternity has just two

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
imported post

Why are you removing tank? I found a few instructions on internet how to clean it w/o removing.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

I have to agree clean it on the bike if you can. I took mine out last year when I first got the bike and the saying it's like have a baby it true. I remember I had to remove the brake and pull the swing arm down as far as it will go then snake the tank out.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

Whats your cat doing on there in the first place? prospector wrote:
I worked on this bike all day yeaterday trying to get the tank out. I have the whole rear half apart. It looks like the swing arm needs to drop to have enough room to drop the tank and out. To do thisdoes the cat. need to come off and to do that, one exhaust pipe :?I think. Anyhelp will be more than I have andgreatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Life has many choices

Eternity has just two

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

The bike has 16k on it and has been sitting a long time. The tank is rusty to say the least all the way to the top of the neck, will be doing the carbs. also. Never had a baby and if this compares you can count on the population ending with me.

Thanks I`m going to drop the swing arm sat. and try that the manual is way off on this one.

Life has many choices

Eternity has two

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.