Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to scheduling circumstances, I can only get to replacing my timing belts next week and the 2 gaskets that I ordered for the covers are delayed in shipment. Has anyone had success with using a product like Formagasket or anything else that won't end up gluing the parts together so I will damage the covers when I try to take them off again?:baffling:

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I didn't replace my cover gaskets on the last belt change but did put a coating of Gasgacinch on them.

Gasgacinch Gasket Sealer and Belt Dressing provides unmatched gasket sealing properties, preventing leaks, reducing expensive repairs, and creates a superior grip as a belt dressing
Gasgacinch Gasket Sealer remains flexible and makes it easier to assemble and disassemble an engine or transmission, often any residue may be removed simply by rubbing it away
Adheres to carbon steel, alloy steel, aluminum, titanium, lead, magnesium, synthetic and natural rubber, copper and cork, and may be used in hot, cold, wet, dry, acid, basic, and abrasive environments
When cured, Gasgacinch is flexible, has high-peel strength, high-shear strength, fatigue resistant, vibration dampening, high heat resistance, gasoline resistant, and oil resistant
Preferred in nearly all mechanical industries including: auto repair, diesel and truck repair, high-performance engine builders, motorcycle repair and many more

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
The timing cover gaskets do not need to seal anything but keep the bugs out, just put them on and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gasgacinch is good stuff. Strong enough to lift an iron small block chevy. I would absolutely not put it on anything that you didn't want to leave together forever.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gasgacinch is like weatherstriping glue, except it is meant to use on gaskets. Just dab it on lightly on both the part and the gasket let dry and install. It will not glue it permanently.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts