Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

do you have to use gaskets on the exhaust headers of a 1200. someone put a new set of header pipes on this 1200 and i guess they didn't use any gaskets at least that's what it sounds like. where can they be purchased and is there anyone out there with a good set of used ones? correction it's leaking where the head pipes connect to the mufflers. so i guess there is suppose to be something in between them. like a gasket.

·
Texas Boy
278 Posts
imported post

If you mean at the connection between the pipes and the heads, there should be a copper ring crush type gasket in there.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

actually i just checked them up on the rack and it's leaking where the mufflers connect to the head pipes.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

thanks i thought that's what it was after i found the leak.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

If the header pipes which were put on are not original Honda ones, then it is quite possible that the gasket thing on Ebay will be of no use.

I put on new expensive aftermarket headers and mufflers a few years back and they did not come with any part/gasket for the join between headers and mufflers.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

not sure if this is stock header or not. i'll try and contact the guy i got it from and find out. thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.