Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys and gals, just bought an 83 gl110 aspy as a first bike and am super excited to get it on the road. I am having some little issues right now with the digital gauges though... They worked at first but after doing some rerouting of wires and a weld on the frame of a stud that broke, neither the speedo or tach register anything. after pressing on the front air increase button some lcd number pieces show up but no complete digits. really wierd. the trip odometer shows +888.8 and a full tank even though its barely half. the back lights work and so do all the other bulbs (neutral, turn signals, hibeams etc) just the lcd digits dont. I checked every connection twice where the counterweight used to be and everything is there except for a few that went into the fairing that I removed.

well probably the wrong place for problems but hi anyways. you guys seem a little more friendly than the guys at goldwingdocs.com so hopefully I will have found a home for my nakedwing project.

I will post the rest of the pics of the bike as soon as I can upload them, here is what I have now.

http://rabidgoat.imgur.com/moto

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

You are definately in the right place, welcome to the best forum on the web. Sorry your post went so far down the page without a reply.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but welding on the frame may have fried your instruments. Electronics are very sensitive to the frequency produced by welding.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

crap. I made sure to disconnect the negative terminal but I guess that might not have been enough. do you think that if something was grounded to the frame that would have done it?

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

Even with the battery disconnected the instruments are still grounded to the frame. Would have been best to disconnect the panel but that is water under the bridge now.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

It shouldn't be much of a problem but it may be just as hard to find the analog instruments as the digital.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

hmm, I was checking up on fleabay for those gauges but I noticed the wires werent similar and the analog gauges had mechanical speedo and tach cables that my bike doesnt have... would honda have made half (or whatever percentage) of the bikes fitted with plugs for digital gauges and the other with gears or whatever for the needle type gauges? or do they just make them all the same and outfit the engine as needed at the factory?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.