Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi I've just got a 1983 GL 1100 goldwing. I love the bike but it has a problem with fourth gear it judders when I make it work. All the other gears are fine. Have any of you guys come across this problem and could you give me some pointers as to what the problem could be. Thanks.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

start by dumping your oil through your wifes favorite vegie strainer. look for filings or other ugly stuff in your oil. remove your filter & cut it open, Again look for ugly stuff.re fill with new oil & filter & tell us what you found.

Do you just hear a noise, can you feel it, Does it jump out of gear, is it hard to get in & out of 4th???

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Many thanks for your reply. The problem gets worse if I work the bike hard in 4th. If I take it steady it's not as harsh but if I try to rip it it feels as if a cog may be jumping.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

The rest of the box works fine it does not jump out of gear it just judders as if a chain may be riding the teeth of a sprocket if of course the bike was chain driven. I'll empty the oil and check the filter as you suggest and see what comes out. Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

mabe some teeth missing....oh and dont forget to use your wifes favorite bowl too!...to catch all that goodness:dude:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.