Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Rudy makes the Smartlight of which the "Gearhead" model will tell you when you are NOT in first at a stop. It also lets you know when your alternator stops putting out It's a good product, and well priced!!!

http://rudysproducts.com/Store/SL8.html

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

I guess the bike riders are done? What's with adding every electronic gizmo gonna do for ya? Seems to me, those that ride bikes are normally a gearhead type personality. We shouldn't have to have gizmo's to tell us how to ride a bike or know what gear we are in. I ride by feel and sound, that's the way you get "in tune" with your ride and can tell if something is amiss without having to look at some damngum gauge..just my. 02c.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Well I'm impressed......someone thats never tried to leave a stop in a gear other than 1st!!! Kudos to you, my friend!!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

I have a gear indicator on my commute bike because it's so quite I can't hear it run and in California you spend a lot of time up and down shifting thanks to the inconsistencies with traffic speed.

I think one on my wing would be a good idea, since I installed new speakers and an amplifier and can no longer hear the bike.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
imported post

Cyclemax sells a combination gear indicator and voltage indicator. Just installed one on my 1990 GW. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
imported post

99winger wrote:
Ran out of cable....the '05 didn't have a good spot near the key.... so I had to put it next to the left front speaker...not my choice and I may re-address it later.
99winger,

I put minedead center right under the tachometer needle in the 6 o'clock position.

Had to file a small half-round hole in the front edge of the meter cover to feed the cable up there, but that's not at all noticeable.

Perfect spot for it, since there is nothing else there, plus itputs it right in your line of sight with the other indicator lights directly to the right. No need to divert your eyes somewhere else to see it.

Try it... you'll like it there!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.