Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am having trouble getting my bike to know it is in neutral. I have no trouble finding neutral, but I have trouble getting the neutral light on, so that I can start the bike with the side stand down, or use reverse.

I am certain that I need to replace the Gear Position Sensor, and was planning on having one in hand before I tore the bike apart, but I though I wouldsee if anyone else has hada similar problem, that was not caused by the sensor.

Thanks for the help.

David

2001 GL1800

2000 Ultra Cycle Ground pounder

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The gear position sensor also had a diode that plugs into the side of it. You do not say if the reverse light lights up? I think it is doing so? But the reverse switch can cause this also, and last but not least, the actual meter assembly can be defective.

The thing I do not know is if the LED in it can be fixed, there is a test for that in the manual to check continuity across the proper pins to check the meter assembly.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Kit,

thanks for the input. Problem is generated around the gear position sensor, and I believe it is more of a mechanical issue. I have got to have the **** pedal in just the right place for the sensor to sense that the bike is in neutral. Some times it takes a little playing around to find it. The bike has 118000 miles on it and the parts that wear are worn out.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.