Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have orderd a shop manual for this 87 I. In the meanwhile I have a Clymers for 84-86 models. I an trying to troubleshoot a no neutral or OD light on the dash. I've pulled the top cover and acording to the book I have, it is pointing to what appears to be a flasher. I have attached a photo and was wondering if someone could point out the location of the connector. Also the correct procedure for checking the switch. Hopefully the my shop manual will show up soon and I can stop bugging everyone.

Thanks

Dennis

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not to insult you, but were the bulbs okay? Don't ask.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Trace the wires from the switch in the front of the engine up to the connector block to the left... It's one of the small ones attatched to the left side. I see it in the picture. Honda put the shifter wiring connector in one of two locations over the life of the GL1200's (depending on the mood of the factory assembler at that time). That's why you should physically trace the wires up..

Normally, if you get the shift pattern while shifting, but not neutral or o.d., it's a bulb, or corroded connection..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.