Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello

I hardly ever post on the board, mostly because I do not ride very often and so have little to say. However, I did get a little riding in recently, it was a bit wet, but fun nonetheless, but now I have a question. My machine only has about 3000 miles on it, but I am noticing a very distinct whine from the gearbox, especially when going up steep hills. I am a bit worried about this and I do not know if I should be rushing off to a dealer for warranty work or what.

Any advice would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Grumpyguy wrote:
Hello

I hardly ever post on the board, mostly because I do not ride very often and so have little to say. However, I did get a little riding in recently, it was a bit wet, but fun nonetheless, but now I have a question. My machine only has about 3000 miles on it, but I am noticing a very distinct whine from the gearbox, especially when going up steep hills. I am a bit worried about this and I do not know if I should be rushing off to a dealer for warranty work or what.

Any advice would be helpful.
It is possible to hear the Alternator whine more than the gearbox. Check your oil level in the engine as this also lubricates the gearbox and clutch :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

My 08 has gear noise pretty common, just a little hum. Good idea to have it checked, this is my first wing and dealer told me that alot of people that haven't ridden a Wingwill come right back in and complain of that noise :waving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.