Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Mine does when I remember to put it on the bike!!! got mine and 1 for the wife at the WingDing back in July. Sheepskin covered for coolness and the pad comes out via zipper so cover can be washed.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

I had gel pads installed in the seat of my 1200 front and rear, for the price I paid I was very unhappy with it. 1200 seats are a poor design to start with and the gel pad did help but not by much. I ended up putting an aftermarket Diamond seat on and I am very happy with it. I still have the stock seat in my shop, it looks like new but I get very sore after 80 k on it, with the Diamond I can ride all day with no problems.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I agree with Honker. I have two pads, one for me and one for the passenger. After about three weeks of pretty steady riding, I would rather spend the money on a good seat.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
imported post

On my 1200 it didnt help me but my passenger enjoyed it. On my 1500 I didnt need it at all niether did the passenger, I gave mine to a friend who rides a Harley, with a custom seat ..........he really needed it.

I go with what mikef said.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

The PO had a gel pad custom sewn into the stock seat.

When I bought it, I rode for a few weeks and was dying.

I finaly located another stock seat and sold the gel seat to a guy in California that wanted a lower seat.

I have been happy with the stock seat.

But I really hated the gel seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.