1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 1800 Trike
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Just triked a 2013 gen 2.
Had been in a building that caught fire and although the bike didn't burn many parts where melted. Mostly the trunk but the clear cover and speaker mounts where melted at the front.
I can't even get the millage up.
Any ideas guy's or does it just need switching on.
Cheers Bash

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
Have you checked the fuses?

·
Premium Member
2004 1800 Trike
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little embarrassed but yes have now checked the fuses. There was a 5 amp blown so replaced it and no change.
I have noticed when i turn the bike on i do get a momentary flash but then it goes blank.
Is there a repair like you can get for the 1500s that bleed?
Cheers Bash

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
I would check the ground gang connector in front of the instrument panel. it is taped to the harness between the headlights.

·
Premium Member
2004 1800 Trike
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So ground all looks good and all connectors connecting best i can tell.
I remember with the back box badly melted and the bike stood out for a while in the weather there was quite a lot of bad weather that got at the big electrical box in the trunk.
If this was damaged by water ingress would that cause all my problems?
Cheers

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
Disconnect the box in the trunk, I don't know what it is but it might be causing the problem.

·
Pwhoever
3,360 Posts
That black plastic box you mention is it attached to the back wall? If so, it is probably the navigation box and also provides the video to the screen. I will admit I don't know how to test it.

·
Premium Member
2004 1800 Trike
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The audio unit in the trunk that was submerged is £2919 from honda, managed to find new old stock on ebay for 140 quid so that was a win.
Has arrived and plugged in and no change, tried unplugged and same. The lcd switches on but nothing on it. Plugs at the back all good and rechecked the fuses.
Is this likely run by a relay?
Have an extra row of relays under the seat.
Any ideas guy's.
Cheers Bash

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
I don't have an ETM for that model but it is likely controlled by the ACC relay same as the earlier models. If it was submerged there are a lot of other likely problems.

·
Premium Member
2004 1800 Trike
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only the audio box in the trunk was submerged, which has now been replaced. The sat nav wasn't in the water.
I'm not even getting info on how many miles it's done, where does that come from?
Cheers Bash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts