Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all. Yesterday I posted a link to some 2008 side bags I found on craiglist. I offered to help anyone who might want them. I posted it here and on the for sale page. I see that both posts have been closed. Did I do something wrong?? I was just trying to help anyone who might need them.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Posts for items that are not something you are selling are generally closed to prevent them from going downhill.

A referral post is pretty much accomplished once it's posted.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

You didn't do anything wrong. They lock the craigslist/ebay, etc. posts to keep people from replying to them when it is not a members item for sale. If they want you to help them with the item, they can contact you through PM's.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Got it! That makes sense. Thanks all...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby and Rudy are both correct...If you as a member have something to sell or trade, your ad will not be closed or blocked unless you request it, as in item sold....You as a member posting something you seen on e-bay etc will be locked..If I want more information on that e-bay item. then I will PM you or go directly to that ad....It has been the policy of the Admin to give members selling their bits and pieces First Choice...

As an example, say you had the same items that is posted on e-bay, and you want $25.00 more than the e-bay ones....You lose the sale of your items because someone bought the ones from e-bay....Personally I have never bought any thing off of e-bay...My reasoning is this..YOU are a member of this forum, and when you put something up for sale, 99/9% of the time you will say, "its got a tiny scratch, it has minor rust, etc, so when I buy from you I know exactly what I'm getting...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Makes good sense to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.