Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Im ordering a few parts but need to know a few things first.

I need new hand grips. Are the handelbars 7/8 or 1inch?

Im changing front fork seals. Are leak-Proof seals good? (The pricy ones not the cheep ones). I mostly ride alone . Im not into going fast anymore. Speed limit is fine with me. I dont plan on draging the floor boards in the turns either. ATF still a good fork oil?

Mystem bearingsfeel fine. No play and feel smooth from lock to lock. Is there any advantage switching to taper bearings?

Thanks

Pat

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Hi Pat

ATF is the recommended fluid for the forks. I can also recommend using a good 15w Fork Oil, your local MC dealer can provide this.

If you want the best consider this
http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/Fork_Springs.htm
The guys at hagon really know their stuff, their extensive explanation centred around maintaining a true viscosity as temperature changes, which apparently ATF does not, this is the only fluid they recommend, however it is pricey by comparison.

Hope this helps

BB

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Pat, ATF will do but the weight isn't always consistent. Better to buy fork oil (which is still ATF) with the weight labelled. 15w is fine for what you do. Buy the best seals you can get. Handlebars are 7/8" on the 1200.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks GUYS!!:clapper:

For $25 bucks they better be good seals. There called leak-proof pro moly. Teflon coated. There are no visable defects on the fork tubes so they should last a long time.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Disco may come back, but I sure hopeleisure suits don't!

:whip::15red::whip:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.