Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have for sale a complete genuine honda clutch..Last July my clutch was slipping and thought I needed a new clutch,turns out it wasn't my clutch,it was something else..

I am selling this complete clutch for what I paid for it in July2011,$430 (canadian),you pay the shipping

it fits all GL1500 goldwings from 1988-2000

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
dear Lindeman, I'm having weird clutch problems. You mentioned that you thought your clutch was going out but it wasn't. What were you experiencing? It seems my clutch engages close to the end of the clutch lever being released. When the engine gets hot, Within the normal heat range in stop and go, the clutch gradually stops working until the Clutch won't release and the engine dies. If my clutch is bad, I would like to purchase your clutch but if your symptoms were like mine, what did you find? Like to hear what your experiences were. Thanks much, Gary Rogers, Marietta, GA

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my symptoms where different then yours,my problem was that regardless of which gear I was in,the clutch started slipping whenever my engine reved above 3000rpm.
The problem I actually had was behind the clutch lever is a brass rod which pushes the plunger in the resovoir(fluid Holder) to engage the clutch and when the revs where increased above 3000rpm it started to push this plunger in which in turn made the clutch engage which made it seem like the clutch was slipping.I replaced this short brass rod which repaired my slipping clutch,it now is just as good as new....If you are interested in my clutch let me know,I can set all the pieces out,take a picture and send it to you,thanks

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Does you clutch seem to operate in the last 1 inch of throw before it's released? It seems like I don't get a lot of clutch action until it's 3/4 of the way out. What is your experience? I changed the oil to synthetic 10/40 mobil oil. I'm thinking the oil is too thin when it gets hot and it may be part of the clutch heating problem. I replaced the oil with regular 10/40 oil to see if there is a difference. Is the Clutch you have a complete end to end clutch assembly or is it just the replacement plates? I'm not sure, until I drive the bike a bit more,if the clutch is actually at fault. I will drive it this coming weekend and see if the oil made any difference. If not, I will drop you a line. Thanks much, Gary in Marietta Ga.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
You can adjust the clutch cable and change the position of the handle when it engages and/or dis-engages. Don't know if that will solve your problems but I know it will help your clutch ingage at the position you want it to.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see Jeff has replied and given you another option,try it and see if it resolves your issue,,I have used Motul 10w40 semi synthetic oil since I purchased it 5 years ago and have never had any issues other then the previously mentioned brass thingy which pushes in on your clutch resovoir to engage the clutch.I have all the washers,frictions,gasketsand plates to replace a clutch and they are all Genuine Honda Parts.They fit any honda 1500cc from 1988-2000.....If you decide you are interested Gary let me know and we can figure out payment and shipping.thanks for now.........Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.