Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about this monument from my daughter who had listened to a podcast.
I knew it will be a good ride for a few days.
We asked our friends Debra and Ray if they want to join us. They said YES

Ray has bought a GL 1800 and this will by far be their longest trip regarding both time and distance.
It started on Tuesday and we had a bit of rain.
I wanted to ride mostly back roads to Savannah. In one occasion I followed "Scenic Road".
It was a brick road at the beginning, then more lose sand than brics.
I almost laid the bike down twice as I felt the back going sideways.
After a mile or so we turned around and asked the ladies to walk till we had more firm material under us.
Here are Debra and Letizia walking back while Ray and I waited for them.
Brick RoadJPG.JPG

We stopped in Savannah for the night

Wednesday we arrived to the stones. I knew not to expect much and I was not impressed.
Here is Ray inspecting the monument
Ray.JPG

One of the presidential candidates should read the top line

DSCN0228.JPG

We headed for the mountains and slept in Clemson SC for the second night.

On thursday we rode thru the mountains including the very twisted Cherohala Skyway. Had a blast.
We stopped a few times for photo ops.
The mountains are gorgeous in the fall. The low temperatures made it a very comfortable ride.
At the end of the day we stopped in the town of Blue Ridge GA. which is about 100 miles North of Atlanta.
I called my friend Ralph who lives in Marietta ( Atlanta suburb) for traffic info thru the city.
He offered to guide us thru the city and we took him on it. He has a 2020 good looking DCT bike. Even offered it to us to take it for a ride in the parking lot. We both denied.
Overnighted in Valdosta and rode Fl 100 for a long time. It is a pretty road without much traffic.
Arrived home yesterday . A great ride with friends that broke the monotony of being stuck at home.
I saw in the news that Minnesota had like 8 inch of snow. I love Fl
Mountain on fire.JPG

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,135 Posts
Awesome write up and pictures.

on the Monument.... from what I could see of the picture, it seems to be a bit 'dull'

·
Administrator
27,366 Posts
I guess that's Georgia's version of Stonehenge. Nice ride though.

·
Premium Member
12,826 Posts
Thanks for sharing the story and photos. One day I hope to be in NC during mid Oct for the colors.

·
Administrator
27,366 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
waisted 10 min of my life.
Common sense dictates that at this rate of multiplication the planet is running out of resources.

Around the time I was born (mid 50s) the population was under 3 billion. Now it is almost 8 bilions.
The virus that's around does not even make a dent in the growth.

But the planet has a way of healing itself and due to the density of the population and the ease of travel more and more viruses will develop and spread. Maybe in the future the mask will be as popular as underwear or socks.
It is not a matter of poor and rich.
JMHO

·
Administrator
27,366 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,087 Posts
I predict the poorly tested covid shots won't keep us from getting and dying from the disease, but will make us come back as "UNDEAD". Then those rich politicians won't ever be able to get rid of us. .. :eek:

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
687 Posts
Humans cannot destroy the planet. We can make it less habitable, and we can deplete resources, but we cannot destroy it, even with every nuclear weapon in the arsenal.

If you consider that the ultimate goal of life is to spread to other planets before this one becomes uninhabitable (by our own hand, or by asteroid/supervolcano/expanding sun), then it comes down to whether or not humanity can achieve panspermia before we deplete critical resources and energy sources.

Lithium, potassium, unobtanium, all are available to us in limited quantities, and we have to figure out how to get somewhere else before we run out of them.

But, we're too worried about stupid crap to focus on extinction-class issues.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But who gets to choose who gets reduced? There's not any poor politicians.
I certainly am midle class ,you know the group some rats are trying to destroy.
I'm telling you this to understand my un biased opinion .

The society is like a tree. The poor are the roots. They suck in a lot a nutrients keep a bit and send most up the trunk- middle class. The trunk supports itself ,the branches and leaves and sends nutrients thruout the tree. It is the most important part of the tree. The tree can survive without a few roots or a few branches but not without a trunk, The leaves-( rich )profits by the nutrients received foom bllow thrive in the sun and thru photosynthesis return goods to the trunk.

So no rich people are trying to destroy poor people, they wouldn't survive without them.
If everybody is rich nobody is rich and if everybody is poor nobody is poor. I came out with this and proud of it

·
Administrator
27,366 Posts
If everybody is rich nobody is rich and if everybody is poor nobody is poor. I came out with this and proud of it
This is true. A real utopian ideal, it just won't work.

Reactions: Road Ranger
1 - 12 of 12 Posts