Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a Gerbing heated jacket, but i am looking at the heated gloves. Anyone have experience with the heated gloves vs heated liners? :stumped:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

I have raynaud's disease which affects primarily my fingers. I have a pair of Gerbing's heated gloves that I use while riding. I love the heated gloves. They work excellent! I've gone on long rides with temps in the teens and had no problems with my fingers.

I also bought a pair of liners to use in the cage for those cold mornings here in New England when holding onto the steering wheel feels as bad to me as sticking my hands into ice water. The liners with over-gloves I find too cumbersome. I'm thinking of selling them and getting another pair of heated gloves.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

I have the Gerbing heated jacket and gloves. Love them and have used them in low 20's. Heated grips often are enough but when they are not the gloves are great.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

jlbc212 wrote:
I also bought a pair of liners to use in the cage for those cold mornings here in New England when holding onto the steering wheel feels as bad to me as sticking my hands into ice water. The liners with over-gloves I find too cumbersome. I'm thinking of selling them and getting another pair of heated gloves.
I too have the liners...........and don't like them for exactly the same reason! Going with gloves next time.

T.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Try the Gerbings gloves. I have the heated grips on the bike and the missus bought me a pair last year. The problem with heated grips is the top of your hands get cold. The gloves make riding a lot more comfortable and enjoyable in the cold and cooler weather. And they're not as bulky as wearing the liners with an overglove.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I got a pair of Gerbing gloves and a heated jacket liner last fall. I don't know why I waited so long, they are WONDERFUL!! I was riding in the mountains late last fall in 28F temps and had to turn down the heat a bit because I was too warm.

Imagine that.:action:I made an aluminum bracket and attached it to the left handlebar to clip the heat controller onto which makes it handy to adjust. I did find the knobs turned too easily and were hard to adjust with gloves on but cured that by removing the knobs and putting an o-ring under them. That gives just enough friction to make adjustment easy.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I did find the knobs turned too easily and were hard to adjust with gloves on but cured that by removing the knobs and putting an o-ring under them. That gives just enough friction to make adjustment easy.
Brilliant............will be doing the same!

Goes to show ya what you can learn around here.

T.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

exavid wrote:
I got a pair of Gerbing gloves and a heated jacket liner last fall. I don't know why I waited so long, they are WONDERFUL!! I was riding in the mountains late last fall in 28F temps and had to turn down the heat a bit because I was too warm.

Imagine that.:action: I made an aluminum bracket and attached it to the left handlebar to clip the heat controller onto which makes it handy to adjust. I did find the knobs turned too easily and were hard to adjust with gloves on but cured that by removing the knobs and putting an o-ring under them. That gives just enough friction to make adjustment easy.
Great idea! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.