Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When I installed my ISO Grips a year ago I used the glue that came with them, Kuryakyn's DEATH GRIP.

The Death Grip was not much of a death grip because the left hand grip came loose this weekend.

It might have had something to do with the 97 degree 100% humidity I was riding in.

What do you recommend I use to reglue it with? Something that won't loosen up on me while Iride but also something that would allow me to remove them if needed.

The right one stayed on fine.

When thegrip loosened it was quite loose and I wrapped the bar with Duc tape and forced the grip on over that and it still kept sliding down as I rode.

Peter

·
Registered
228 Posts
imported post

That sounds like that could have been bad if it slipped off and caused a wreck. I would contact the company of the grips or glue and tell them what happen they might send you more glue or tell you what you could use. MCFF :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Years ago I worked for a bike shop that would use Aqua Net Hair Spray and when I questioned it the top dog explained that hair spray is nothing more than water soluble glue and they had been using it for years without any problems. Today there are numerous grip glues available and what I find most of the time is that they're actually to good. Getting old grips off is next to impossible sometimes.

Ed

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

I have used hair spray for many years, even on dirt bikes. Spray inside the grip and outside the handlebar, let it sit a minute or so and slide the grip on.

it will dry and stick over night.

If you need to take the grip off, I use an old hypodermic needle that I get from a nurse friend and fill it with a small amount of gas and poke the needle end through the rubber grip and squirt a little gas in the area, twist and the grip usually comes right off without ruining it.

Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

I use Goop..red tube at any auto parts store for window sealants

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

I tried the glue that comes with the grips and when that failed I decided to try PVC pipe glue. Within 5 min. of applying the glue the grips were on to stay, I've tried to turn them just for spite but the next time they come off it'll be with a knife.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.