Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was just out buying some stuff for my upcoming trip at Wingstuff and when I checked out this photo was there. Guy must be flying...:D

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

Looks fake. The trees where the bike was are not the same color as the surrounding trees.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

shadows are correct on rider and street. looks real to me.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

PBS519 wrote:
Oops double post :gunhead:

Better than "Double Fake"..... (anyways)

We have railroad tracks here with a "REALLY NICE RAMP" on one sideand can easily duplicate that shot... at least3 times higher, tho I'm not gonna do it.

I'll take the photo for you. Lake Michigan will be in the background. :waving:

Could look like you "Jumped the lake". :action:

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

The bike was lower. Someone cut the bike, raised it, then filled in trees with an off shade of green.

This was easy because I was able to use existing sky. Wich one is real?

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

I am in the looks real camp . But then , maybe I am color blind :?

·
Premium Member
64,600 Posts
imported post

Most anything will fly if it has enough speed.........

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

its a fake. there might have been a little bit of air originally, but the rows of pixels running horizontally have been duplicated many times to add space...
look for elements that look exactly alike, stacked. its easy to spot.

in the pic below, I took out the duplicated rows, and moved the bottom section up. The grey area shows how much I took out...

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

FVM wrote:
PBS519 wrote:
Oops double post :gunhead:

Better than "Double Fake"..... (anyways)

We have railroad tracks here with a "REALLY NICE RAMP" on one sideand can easily duplicate that shot... at least3 times higher, tho I'm not gonna do it.

I'll take the photo for you. Lake Michigan will be in the background. :waving:

Could look like you "Jumped the lake". :action:

Tell me where I would love to try it and I am not too far away.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Fake Just below and to the left of the rear tire you can see where branches are repeated.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

BOB W:

That "ramp" is just into Wisconsin by the lake.

GWF email me. This Sat and Sun weather looks perfect for photos.

Repeated, where? Here's a BIG pix. If it's the dark vertical lines, they are different.

BUT we'll make a real photo, hopefully this weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

in the white circle you can see where the branches are identicle on top of ech other

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

AHHHHhhhhhh I see, there's two different photos of the same shot, didn't see that.

BAD BOYS & their photoshop 101.

Here's a little better FAKED shot. Can you find any DUP'S?
LOL, I got him flying a bit higher.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

FVM wrote:
in the white circle you can see where the branches are identicle on top of ech other
What I see is two sets of branches that are very similar or possibly duplicated. It's funny how ever since the invention of photoshop everyone doubts the truth of photos. Looking at that photo in my opinion I'll tell you what I see. I see a guy that probably practiced that jump numerous times and when he got it down, he had his buddy snap a shot. If he stretched the photo with photoshop he was still having fun more than trying to deceive people. Where I grew up there was an in road jump where I have been three times as high as that on lighter street bikes but although I know my Wing would jump that high, I would never try it because of it's lack of decent heavyforks.The bottom line is that although the Wing wasn't designed for flight, what I see in that photo is very easily believable and I'll bet the guy had a blast doing it!

Respectfully,

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
Actually it was Bob W wrote that line, not I, but that means little anyways.

I had a little fun FAKING the shot someone else took, and I'm suredid they also. I admitted it was a fake right from the beginning. Iwrote the word FAKE in the gray areaat the bottom but in the uploadit was removed, I'll have to remember that "IF" there's a next time.

So if Bob W & I get together for his jump, we'll have a new bike jump for all to scrutinize over. ;)

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

FVM- I think I know where that jump is, just south of Kenosha?? Until 5 years ago, the road leading to the prison I work in was the untimate jump ramp. I would hit that thing doing about 40 mph every day with my CB900C (naked) and get some really nice air.
One day when I was coming to work, they were blocking the road for a 2 month long construction project to replace the bridge. I asked the guy putting up the signs if I could jump it one more time. He wanted to watch so we moved the saw horses on each end and I decided to really hit it fast, way too fast actually. I looked at the speedo just before I hit the ramp and saw that I was doing about 75 mph and darned near crapped myself. I flew almost across the bridge and thought that i was about to die. Looking back, I gusee I forgot how fast a 900 Honda could accelerate. One of the dumber things I have ever done on a bike.
(The construction guy could not believe how far I flew.)

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Hey BC... NOPE, a different place.

I can only suggest to those who want to do this jump get it done this year, I'm hearing rumblings that this "ramp" will be reduced due to local homeowner complaints.
Barely a week went by & there were deep gouges at the bottom.

In my younger days...

It'll never be like "Whoopee Hill" (Orland Park) was until the 1970's when they lopped off the top. There if you hit 72 MPH your airborne for about 1.5 seconds and land safely and rather smoothly.

Back then, I had a Travelall where I took out the rear seats & took photos of of everyone floating in midair. Ah, those were fun times.

But alas...someone wanted a bigger thrill. Hit it doing about 76 and "T"boned the bottom,died. Since that day thetop was lopped off.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

FVM wrote:
.....Here's a little better FAKED shot. Can you find any DUP'S?
LOL, I got him flying a bit higher.
I dont think he is flying any higher . In all the photos the antenna is visually just touching the powerline. So I suppose the road is just lower :cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.