Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI,evey one hope i have got this in the right slot.Needmoral support for exam i am taking this week.It's for a licence i have to have for my part time job.been doing static guard duties for six years now,so i can keep riding my Trike,job pays for tax insurance and petrol,i do two shifts one on saturday 12 hours and the same on Sunday flat rate for both shifts.Goverment has now made it compulsery for any one in security to be lincenced,cost of this course is £400 which each individual who sits it has to pay.Company i work for have said they will pay for course on condition i repay them at £10 a week.First day today when i got home head spinning,homework to do and more revisingfor tomorrow.Study Tuesday and Wednesday and take exam on Thusday.So hoping for a pass,if i don't i will have to seriosly think about selling Trike.:(bikerfred

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The main thing is to have confidence in yourself ,The very best of luck ,But I am sure you will do well ,,let us know how you get on ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
imported post

Bikerfred,

You're a biker, right? That takes a whole lot of concentration and effort 'cos what's at stake is your life.

This course and exam, well, it aint gonna kill ya, though it might bankrupt you. Just knuckle down and consider it a hazardous ride through heavy traffic in cruddy weather; your skill, experience, applicationand maturity will get you there.

BTW are there no grants available? Have you tried the Citizens Advice Bureau for info? It's got to be worth a try.:toast::18blue:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey bikerfred :waving:Keep your head down and forget about everything including Goldwings :18red:for these few days and study whatever material you have that applies to your job :clapper:Some people have different ways to learn, read theinfo out loud, write the info down, just whatever comes best. :weightlifter:

Good luck with it all. :skipping:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Hi Bikerfred

I spend a lot of my time at work researching funding for clients who want to study - a trip to your local Jobcentre or Library should give you info about what funding is available in your area - here in Cornwall we have a Jobcentre/European funded scheme called Action Team, and another called Community Grant, might be worth finding out if you have the same.

good luck with your course and exam, most of it is probably only re-inforcing what you have been doing all along - now it's got a name, and a theory, and rules!!!

I'm sure you'll do just fine :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Karen

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

HI Wexman.wannaby.colbee.Redwing,so glad i belong to such a great site,thanks for allyour advice and moral support,it is really really something when a bunch of guys and girls who i have nevermet in person, take time to advise me on a personal problem,i will go into the exam on Thusday with a lot more confidence now,so win or lose i know i have tried my best.:) bikerfred.

Message to Steve, can i send a cheque ,as i do not like to give my credit card details.Sorry for being a old fuddy duddy. bikerfred.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

bikerfred, something to remember, especially if you haven't taken a test in a long time, is if you know the material, the first answer that comes to mind is usually the right one. Don't spend a lot of time second guessing yourself. Just study hard so you know the material, and go take the test with confidence. Your experience from the last six years have probably already prepared you anyway.

Best of luck to you,
John

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

2 words CHEAT SHEET:shock::cooldevil: Just kidding!! You will do fine...Just don't think about deer alerts during the test:cool::waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Bikerfred, you have to pass, because you haven't yet made that ride to my place yet!! :D

A date for your diary if you can make it... Tuesday 28th Feb any time you can make it, there are a few folks from the site gathering at my place for a get together, you will be more than welcome.

Now like the boy scouts... do your best, that is all we can do, and I hope you get through the test alright, I feel sure you will succeed.:waving::clapper:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:
Message to Steve, can i send a cheque ,as i do not like to give my credit card details.Sorry for being a old fuddy duddy. bikerfred.
Hey bikerfred :waving:Im quitesure the wingnut wont refuse your cheque :clapper:

Send him a PM and get his address and keep those wagons rolling. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

HI,Pete,John,Digbyodell,good news, :Dtook first part of test today was told i had high enough percent to have passed,second part tomorrow been told it is a bit more diffucult.John you are right i put down first answer i thought of and it mostly was right,system of exam paper was multi choice so not any writing as such just ticking boxes.Pete have put date 28 Feb in my diary hope weather is fine.Well i have to do a bit more swotting now so will talk tomorrow,thanks for all your Moral support and advice.Redwing will get steves PM and cheque will be on its way.bikerfred

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Terrific!! Congrats!:clapper: Now go knock 'em dead on part 2.:D

John

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the first part bikerfred. :clapper:Good luck tomorrow. :weightlifter:

:skipping: :18red: :skipping:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.