Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm starting to get my wing back together after a winter resto of the top end. I've got the heads back on and did the belts. I finished up the polishing of the valve and timing belt covers and installed them. I just have to show them off. They came out nice compared to what I started with. I'm now waiting on a set of oem intakes I purchased from a forum member and as soon as they get here I'll get them polished up and the carbs will go on and I'll fire her up. Hope she runs as good as she looks!!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

Real nice job-you should be proud!!!

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Very Nice!!!

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Real nice job, gonna turn some head on the street this season

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The older wings turn heads at most ralley and shows. Been going to Americade for last 19 years and year after year, I see less and less. There are Some real nice vintage wings out there and I try to take good looks when I run accross them. It's a nice feeling when you get a compliment from people passing by. This year I'll take lots of picture and maybe put together a vintage wing gallery. Sounds like fun.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

It's alot of work but well worth it in the out come as you can see. If you don't want to do it yourself, Sunnbobb will do them for you. I think his add in at the bottom signiture line of his posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
wingd wrote:
Follow this thread. Sunnbobb has all the info to a better shine. http://www.nakedgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11758

Also here's a great thread to all our goldwing needs.

http://www.goldwings.us/
Most of the links on the 2nd link there go to nakedgoldwings.com also. You have to join nakedgoldwings in order to see the articles. I guess they don't allow guest on their site like we do here.
My thoughts exactly Micheal. Wingd, in the words of the immortal one " they're grrrrreeaat!!!":action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I recieved my intakes from schmidtap today and I was off so I polished them up. They were in great shape. They were almost buff ready. They came out great!! I'm going to recheck the floats one more time and I'll get them back on and fire her up. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Purty!! The tablecloth makes them look gold. Hope you didn't pay gold prices for them, hehehehe.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Got the carbs on tonight and she looks goooooood!!!!

May get her running tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.