Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Help,not abike problem but if any one can help iwould be very grateful.how do i get apicture of my trike on to tech forum,at the moment it is sitting in my documents PHOTOS,as you may have realised iam not good on a p/c sorry if this message should havebeen in another sectoin.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:
Help,not abike problem but if any one can help iwould be very grateful.how do i get apicture of my trike on to tech forum,at the moment it is sitting in my documents PHOTOS,as you may have realised iam not good on a p/c sorry if this message should havebeen in another sectoin.bikerfred
hi fred

The size of the pic is important check out thefollow the instruction and if you size of pic doe not excide the max all should be ok .... good luck

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:
Click on my account, then on Avatar , shrink the picture if needed,,,see thread below to shrink,,,,,and then click brouse in the avatar and bingo.....

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/1690-1.html

:12red::cooldj:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Hi bikerfred, the forum FAQ section is here; http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum3/216.html

I've copied some of the relevant paragraphs about posting pictures from the FAQ section, the important bits are in red and underlined;

Q. Can Iupload images with my messages and if so, is there a limit to the size of the images?
A. Yes you can upload images, currently one per post. You can use the "attachment" box at the bottom of the message editor and browse to the image on your hard drive and upload it. Currently the size limit is 100kbs for each image and the images must be Jpeg, Jpg or Gif format. Images should not be wider than 600 pixels, this is to prevent the forum screen going wider than your monitor when large images are posted. The 100kb limit is to save server space, which I have to pay for out of my own pocket because the occassional donation I get never comes close to covering the costs of the site and forum. If you have a number of pictures you would like to share, you can send them to me and I will put them into the"Picture Pages" section of my site.

Q. Can Ihave an Avatar (small picturebeside my username inmy posts) with my posts and if so, is there a limit to the size of the Avatar?
A. Yes you can attach an avatar by clicking on your "My Account" button and selecting "Avatar" from the account options bar. You can choose from the available avatars currently in the forum, or upload one from your hard drive by browsing to it.The avatar shoud be in Jpeg, Jpg, Gif or Bmpformat and should be no bigger than 10kbs (10000 bytes) and the dimensions shouldnot be morethan 130 pixels wide by 130 pixels height. This limit is to prevent very wide avatars hogging the profile pane and leaving less room for posts.You cannot link to avatars on another site,thisis to avoid leaving that function open to abuse.If you havea favouriteimagethat you really want to use as an avatarbut don't know how to reduce the size to within the limits allowed, just e-mail[email protected] and arrange to send the image to me (in Jpeg, Jpg, Gif or Bmp format) and I will resize it and mail it back to you so that you can upload it yourself.

Q. Can I link to other URL's in my posts?
A. Yes you can. There is an "insert link" button on the text editor for this purpose. When you click the button you will see a pop-up box to insert the URL into. The "insert link" button looks like this;

Q. Can I link to images on other web sites?
A. Yes indeed. This issometimes a better option than uploading images as you can have more than one image linked to in each post, you are effectively leaving the image on the site that you found it and are just linking to it in your post here. Also, linking to an image on another site avoids you having to copy or poach the image without the owners consent as you are effectively viewing the image on the original site through a link in your post. Please note that some sites will not allow hotlinking to images on their pages. You can use the "insert image" button on the text editor to link to an image on another site. When you click the button you will see a pop-up box to insert the URL of the imageinto. To get the URL of an image on a web site, just right click on it (Internet Explorer, I'm not sure how it's done in other browsers) and then click properties. In the Address (URL) line just copy the URL before composing your message here and paste it into the pop-up box that you will see when you click the "insert image" button. The "insert image" button looks like this;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.