Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While this may be a question asked before; I just did not have the time to review them all.
I know how to fix "Mother Honda's" switches (open; re-grease, close). I just don't know how to get to my cruse control switch. There is a plate covering the space where the switch is located. I don't want to try opening this plate without knowing what I'm doing.
If someone can help me safely get to my cruse control switch, I would appreciate it. It's the only switch still sticking, as I have gotten to all others and fixed them.
It is a 2002 GL1800.

Thanks for any help:
Rick

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If you look up under the right switch box on the handlebar housing the cruise control switches you'll see (with the aid of a mirror) two phillips screws recessed into the plastic, one in front and one in back of the handlebar. Those two hold the top and bottom section of the switch housing together around the handlebar. Remove them and split the switch housing.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Been there done that. looking up (at the top side of the switch housing (on the inside) is a plate stopping me from getting to the switch. Any idea how to safely remove that plate?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.