Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good afternoon to all. My wife and I are proud new owners of a 2003 Wing. I am graduating from a VTX1800c. Although it is getting to be winter here in Kansas, we are excited for the Spring time. This is my first post and in reading some of the post, my wife and I are getting in with a nice bunch of people in this community.

First......thanks.

Second, I am putting a set of speakers in the rear of my wing. I have been trying to find information on what the setup is on the premium audio system.

Does it have an amp within the system? What kind of speakers come in the kit.

I either want to build my own set up or look for the premium kit to go in the back. Is there a schematic out there on the web that I can see.

Does anyone have a set of instructions that I can see.

Well, enough for now. Thanks for the input in advance.

Looking forwar to hearing from you all.

Margie & RayParker

Wichita Kansas

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

A southern welcome from Alabama! Don't know much about rear speakers on a newer wing, but I have seen alot of posts on the subject here on the forum. Congrats on the new ride, and have a safe holiday season. jimsjinx

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Aha, another prospect for the Wild Rhino club. Watch out for Flyone and his thong!!

:shock::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

welcome to your new favorite site, hang around and you'll see what i mean. this site is the best thing around:jumper:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

There are many answers to your questions. You can go to www.wingstuff. com and go to gl1800 accessories and then to speakers.
There are many to chose from, with the most powerful being 35 watt speakers that will fit your model bike.
It is the 2006 and up that has the amp and the built in premium audio that is all built in to work in tandem with all the other functions of the bike.

To access the rear speaker area you go through the trunk, take the back panel off, and you can access the fasteners to the speaker covers there.

As far as I know there is no instruction sheet for this , not even a clear description in a service manual, you just have to take the trunk rear inside panel off and start to work.
A service manual will be invaluable, especially tracing speaker wiring and situations like that, where the speaker wire pin connectors are and so on. Some of the kits are plug and play and some require splicing the wires.
Kit

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from your neighbor state. I'll ask my brother what he did to his 2006 wing. He installed his own set-up with GPS and Sirrus Radio. Maybe he still has the instructions from his set-up
Have a happy holiday.
Rumple

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Yes, WELCOME to a GREAT Forum.

I just want to say I picked up a set of Rear Speakers for my Wing from:

GASP!

Walmart.. I found them back in the sporting goods department and they were a tad over $7.00 each. The size was right, and they said water resistant or water proof. I know they were poly cones not cardboard or paper.

The plugged right in and have gone through two years of Rainstorms and Bike Washes and still sound better than the originals. At least to these old ears.

Just a thought.

Good Luck

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

hello and welcome from south carolina.
you have joined the best goldwing site ever created.
enjoy your new ride and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the FORUM. Questions? Ask, and you shall recieve an answer. Know an answer to someone's question? Give it. That's what we are all here for.
Again,
WELCOME,
God Bless,
Nightrider1

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum....and I know that you will definitely be looking forward to spring...I spent four years of my childhood living in Derby, Ks and on McConnell AFB...your winters are not for me..(and yes, I did walk through the proverbial 3 miles of snow to elementary school)..

I'm a new Goldwing owner as well (6 months) and the folks on this forum are invaluable. I will challenge you right now to find a topic that someone hasn't encountered previously...These folks are "gems" and if you encounter problems with your Goldwing (which I hope never happens), these guys can save you a lot of time, money and headaches..

As for me, I don't know that much, but I'm not afraid to ask stupid questions..

Best regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Additionally, my bike is a 1200 and I don't have rear speakers....I blew out my original set and went to Wal-Mart and purchased a cheap set of 2-way speakers for less than $25.00 and they really do sound pretty good...and I guess I'm somewhat of an audiophile, as I have a fairly decent home stereo set-up...and I do love my music....As I consider my Goldwing my own private stereo booth...I"m not sure about your bike, but my 1200 came from the factory with a seperate amplifier..

I'll shut up, now..

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I replaced mine with Rockford 3 way's and got them at Walmart for $24..2 weeks later they were marked down to $15 :( rats
Sounds darn good to me and a guy on a 1800 heard it said it "rocks" with the 300w amp in the fairing and 3.5" marine in the trunk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.