Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sold the Ural, got an 1100. That wasn't a big change, but the only solo bike I have ridden with any great frequency was my little Royal Enfield 500. The Goldwing is a little bigger. Sure is quiet though, I like that part. I'm getting about half the mileage, but it is twice the bike. I'm enjoying the smooth ride, too. Once the sidecar is ready, it'll be on 3 wheels. Anyway, once the bugs are sorted out of a 29 year old bike it'll take me farther than either of my old bikes did.
cheers,
chriso

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Good luck with it!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not really fair to compare an 1100 to a Ural. I used to rebuild old, neglected 1100s and can testify to their toughness. Abused, neglected, lousy maintenance and even then they can be brought back to road worthy condition. Thirty years plus and they are still a good performing touring bike in comparison to modern bikes. Pretty good looking too.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

True, the only thing the Ural and the wing have in common is the larger size compared to the Enfield which is the only comparison I was trying to make. I traded up so I can tour with the kids without worrying about being stranded. (terre haute will always bring fond memories of picking the left cylinder up off the road...Then there was replacing the rear bearing outside Madison) I think it is a good choice.
Cheers!
chriso

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

phuphuphnik wrote:
I traded up so I can tour with the kids without worrying about being stranded.
and now you'll be able to keep up with traffic at highway speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.