Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Several people have expressed interest in a trip to Gettysburg. gettysburg is very scenic with many great places to ride.

I live just outside of G-burg and would be happy to organize a weekend meet. My wife works for Country inn & suites and should be able to get rooms at a VERY good price, if some would prefer camping there are many nice campgropunds in the area too.

To start things off who would be interested, and when?We should plan around holidays since Gettysburg gets quite hectic and difficult to enjoy riding around.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
imported post

Gettysburg i am not to far from there i would for sure try my best to get there.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Hey, we could do Gettysburg. Sign me up!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

How about september.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I did not know that. There does not seem to be much interest in a Gettysburg meet either way.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't be able to make Gettysburg this year.Kind of strapped for cash after our trip.It's not that the wife and I were not interested Steve.Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Steve, my wife and I are planning a trip to Gettysburg on Sept. 15/16 weekend unless something drastic happens. We'll be riding down on Friday, staying in the area Sat., Sun, Mon. and riding home on Tues. Hope we can meet up while we're there, since we got to meet for about 5 minutes in Niagara.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

fatwing chris wrote:
I wouldn't be able to make Gettysburg this year.Kind of strapped for cash after our trip.It's not that the wife and I were not interested Steve.Maybe next year.
No problem I know it's a little late in the year to organize an event. I think I'll try again early next year to get something going. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Nancy and I are trying to plan a trip up to PA. I don't think it will be this year. I'm trying to get over to Dingman's Ferry and Pecks Pond. My grandfather had a place on Peck's Pond and I'ld like to see it again. It would be nice to work the trip in with a meet and greet with our northern neighbors. Keep posting as you get the date and location picked out.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Steve, it looks like we're not going to make it this year to Gettysburg, but will definitely be up for a trip next summer.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Bigeesteve wrote:
Several people have expressed interest in a trip to Gettysburg. gettysburg is very scenic with many great places to ride.

I live just outside of G-burg and would be happy to organize a weekend meet. My wife works for Country inn & suites and should be able to get rooms at a VERY good price, if some would prefer camping there are many nice campgropunds in the area too.

To start things off who would be interested, and when?We should plan around holidays since Gettysburg gets quite hectic and difficult to enjoy riding around.
steve I am interested Would have to be a week end for me

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

well it is this year lets get that gettysburg meet together!!!!
:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
imported post

mfwing82 wrote:
well it is this year lets get that gettysburg meet together!!!!
:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:
I think one has to see Gettysburg to really understand the Civil War. I will watch the site for further developments, not making any promises. It was a pleasure to meet Bigeesteve in Niagara Falls last summer.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,I find this interesting. I'm doing a trip to Colorado this June, and by September I'll be looking for another get-a-way. And a weekender would be the ticket. I'll be keeping an eye on this one and see how it progresses. Would be nice to meet fellow Pa'ers.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

Steve,

I am right down the road in Hagerstown, actually I am in the UK right now but lets get one together, sounds like fun.

Walt

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

walt_k wrote:
Steve,

I am right down the road in Hagerstown, actually I am in the UK right now but lets get one together, sounds like fun.

Walt
If you are in the UK let us know where and we'll organise a meet n greet of your very own, bet we can rustle up a few members for a few hours...

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

I couldn't swing that this year, maybe next; we took a family vacation there when I was a kid, and I loved it! I've always been a history buff, and the battleground evoked powerful emotions...even as a 10 yr old. I recall a "museum" that had an electronic map with narration, and the areas being discussed lit up.
During the same trip, we also did Lancaster, and the Amish areas. chief memories...
the Plain and Fancy Farm...family style dining, and Shoo-Fly Pie..nothing like it!
Oh Yeah, Lebanon bologna!!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

I am working up at RAF Molesworth, near Huntington but fly back to Maryland on Sat. they would not let me pack the wing in the suitcase for the flight over. Had my first bitters the other night, ummmmm, well it was different. I come over once a year to work and to Germany several times a year. Lets try for next year.

Walt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.