Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all! Since this seems to be THE place for goldwing info, I am hoping for some help! My husband has a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks, and I am out of gift ideas...any suggestions? He loves to ride (as do I) and has many of the accessories, apparel, etc. I was hoping for some suggestions for gifts that any Goldwing enthusiast would enjoy. Thanks for the help! ;)

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

Price range??

Perhaps a general list of what he already has so the folks here can help you add to it.

And Welcomne to the best Goldwing site in the world.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

A GPS unit, so he can always find his way home!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome Goldwinghoney to the forum, you have come to the right place. How about a new summer jacket as we are coming into spring finally, or how about oil filters, you can always use them and oil of course. Or even a gift certificate to his favorite parts store. So many things.:action:

How about a weekend at a bed and breakfast at your favorite place, surprise him. Taking the bike of course.:clapper:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome . I hope we can give you some ideas . MMMMaybe a Goldwing vacation to Montrose CO with a group of us in Sept ?
( 2009 NASSIR Meet n Greet Forum )
Of course we expect you as well :action:. Ok so thats going a bit far for just finding us here . Most of us enjoy some extra CHROME . (Saftey Chrome its known by here :cheeky1:) Perhpas a new set of Michilen tires for the 1500 . You say he has apparel already . Can you add to that ? Leather of textile saftey clothing . Additional lighting such as the ring of fire lamps for the front wheel ?

I guess I am rambling along here . I hope you do get some ideas though. We are happy to have you and hope you and your husband both will visit us at this forumand hope you enjoy the Steve Saunders family . The mrs and myself went close by Sweetwater last Sept. You live in some wonderful riding country there.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Welcome GoldwingHoney,

Nothing says romantic giftlike a bottle of "Flame Broil Cologne" from Burger King.:D But since you wanted to stay with the Goldwing theme, a gift certificate at Babbits or Cyclemax, or other good Goldwing aftermarket supplier would be a good thing. You do not have to worry about buying the wrong size, model, or fragrance with a gift certificate. I hopehe enjoys his birthday.

Michael

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
imported post

Welcome! I figure if he already has a wife who enjoys riding with him, anything else would just be icing on his birthday cake.

Without more info concerning his likes / dislikes, what he already has and his own personal "wish list," a gift certificate and a gremlin bell are probably the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Does he have a bell on his bike?

And welcome to the forum :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I have to go with the gift certificate, my fiancee got one for me for a nice amount and I was able to get some things that I really wanted.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warm welcome to the site GoldwingHoney, good to have you join us. :waving:

If you are at all uncertain as to what he might like to bling up the bike, here is an idea that would allow him to choose what he wanted.....

http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/46826

do let us know what he has and we can ramble on endlessly with ideas I am sure!!!:D

Look forward to seeing you and the lucky hubby posting on here in the future.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum.
I've got the perfect BD Gift.
A 2009 GL1800 with everything!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Welcome to our great forum! As we all know, most of us can always find something else to add to our collection. Even a GoldWing flag for the wall over the wing parking!

We're glad to have you here with us!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I am leaning towards the gift certificate...although I'm sure my husband would prefer I went with the suggestion of a new GL1800! :dude: He has a fairly new leather jacket, chaps, and a Goldwing jacket with removable winter liner. As far as the bike goes, he has quite a bit of chrome accessories, and to be honest I am a little lost when it comes to that, lol. The motorcycle trip sounds like a great idea too....any suggestions as to a good overnight trip?

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Well howdy Honey......
I like boots. A guy can't have too many pair of boots. Gonna get me some of these I think:

http://www.onlinebootstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D94075&Category_Code=HarleyMens

Hope this link works. Not saying this sight is the best price either. Good luck in your quest..you have a lucky man.

A good trip for you guys would be over in the Blue Ridge Mountains. A cheap bottle of Merlot don't leave any worse of a hangover than the expensive stuff either....He he he he he...

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
imported post

yea, living in tenn, i say the blue ridge mountains. great riding up there. and as far as bday gift, make it the gift certificate. that way he can get it right, and you dont have to "hope". you know "gee i sure hope it fits", or" i sure hope he likes it"....etc....oh and by the way. WELCOME HONEY, to the best wing site on the planet!....rick:band::birthday::birthday::birthday::clapper::action::bat:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Whilst some may consider a gift certificate not quite the most personal gift, most guys are very happy to receive them, since it allows them to choose what they would like. After all, who doesn't remember that "wonderful" knitted pull over that Granny made you as a young lad, that you probably wouldn't have wanted to be seen dead in, outside the house. :shock::D

As for some good ride outs GoldwingHoney, if you just click on your home State in blue under one of your post headings, this will throw up a list of members on this fine site in your State. If you scroll through the list and find active members within riding distance, you will probably find some people who would be happy to meet up. Members of this site have gone out of their way to enjoy rides together in large and small groups and it all goes to enhance the experience of riding out.

I do know that there are a good few active members in your State and the sourrounding ones, many whomwe have been lucky enough to meet, last September, when we joined the North American first bigMeet & Greet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.